ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Building a Clio Sport Replica. Opinions?

Owen

ClioSport Admin
I think those reps look sh!t hot. I would much rather have a sport rep than a huge aftermarket-kitted car.

RS 172
Those reps look great, but you dont have to go the whole hog and replica it to make a non-sport look great.

Lowering, wheels and colourcoding with some other subtle mods can make them just as striking.

Turbo LY R27
its not all about speed though, would you have a robin reliant if it was quicker than a 182? Its about the look of a car too...as you mentioned

You cant play that card, you no you want a 182 or you wouldnt of wasted your time making it look like 1? And no i wouldnt have a reliant because its a rubbish car:rolleyes:
But why dont you by one and put a ferrari body kit on it!;)
I reckon a reliant would beat those replicas or at least be very close, now then you would look like a pratt!

Clio's
its not all about speed though, would you have a robin reliant if it was quicker than a 182? Its about the look of a car too...as you mentioned

You cant play that card, you no you want a 182 or you wouldnt of wasted your time making it look like 1? And no i wouldnt have a reliant because its a rubbish car:rolleyes:
I reckon a reliant would beat those replicas or at least be very close, now then you would look like a pratt!

so look like you then cos the ornage one is a 182 replica and looks just like yours! and i think the point gaz was trying to make was that if the robin eliant wasnt a bad car i.e had a good engine and build quality just looked as it did you still wouldnt buy it as people DO buy cars on thier looks!

Mercedes C Class Sport

Calm down hun, I dont have a replica:
DSC05309.jpg

My friends have replicas. Your missing my point, not everyone wants a fast car...Id like one myself but Im happy with what i have at the moment. So how would you feel about having the Clio TT for example, not an ostentatious car by any means, but fuckin fast.
This is tasteful modifiying, and as owen has said, its better than a chav bodykit. Take other peoples opinions and tastes into account, you'd be a better person.

E60 diesel powah
brap brap

DSC08342.jpg

DSC08352.jpg

i think mine looks better than most RS's!

I love my car to bits, i know it looks better than other members real RS's, i am happy to say that i never regretted spending the amounts i have done on it.

All i need now is an RS engine which will be dropped in soon! People who think young drivers are stupid or just waste time on making there clio a replica are just narrow minded.

Not most young driver can afford to Pay 2000 for the insurance. Esp with most of them being Uni Students.

If you dont like the car, dont comment! simple as! Keep the negativity away, you may just be jealous because your RS looks w**k compared to a replica

Last edited:
  Turbo LY R27
point is, they r tryin to make the car look like something its not.
exactly and the only reason you want it to look like a standard 182 is coz you actually want one, or you wouldnt of modelled it on the car in the first place. Anyway this is my car, dont think it looks like a 182 does it??:S
1a.jpg

Clio's
point is, they r tryin to make the car look like something its not.
exactly and the only reason you want it to look like a standard 182 is coz you actually want one, or you wouldnt of modelled it on the car in the first place. Anyway this is my car, dont think it looks like a 182 does it??:S [URL]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:KSqxjMEMwQ2ZpM:http://www.racewaynews.net/immagini/articoli/1409/1a.jpg[/URL]

good chice of name then! and your profile says car: clio 182 so....
I dont stalk you its not as if i know everything abot you!

and why did you get it in liquid yellow? why not brown or something if you dont buy cars on looks??

i think the sports SUNROOF might be the give away

cos that is the first thing you see on a car!! do you always have a birdseye view?
I saw a "flame red 172" in lakeside once, it looked quite nice, but something just wasn't right about it. I was with my mum of all people, she looked at it & goes " it has a sunroof that's not right is it ? Your dads hasn't got one "

I said no it's a fake, a good one though (there were a few other bits not right too, I don't remember what they were though)

Turbo LY R27
Calm down hun, I dont have a replica:
DSC05309.jpg

My friends have replicas. Your missing my point, not everyone wants a fast car...Id like one myself but Im happy with what i have at the moment. So how would you feel about having the Clio TT for example, not an ostentatious car by any means, but f**kin fast.
This is tasteful modifiying, and as owen has said, its better than a chav bodykit. Take other peoples opinions and tastes into account, you'd be a better person.

wow you get wound up quick sweetie:eek:

Clio Sport xxx
replica's are just gay. Its like someone going out to by a replica man utd shirt coz they cant aford the real thing, would you consider that a cool/stylish/"personal" thing to do? think not IMO

Mercedes C Class Sport
Im fine darling, how about you? Mwah
This is actually just a 1*2 versus on sport drivers' debate!

Turbo LY R27
:cool:
exactly and the only reason you want it to look like a standard 182 is coz you actually want one, or you wouldnt of modelled it on the car in the first place. Anyway this is my car, dont think it looks like a 182 does it??:S [URL]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:KSqxjMEMwQ2ZpM:http://www.racewaynews.net/immagini/articoli/1409/1a.jpg[/URL]

good chice of name then! and your profile says car: clio 182 so....
I dont stalk you its not as if i know everything abot you!

and why did you get it in liquid yellow? why not brown or something if you dont buy cars on looks??
I picked up the car yesterday and aint been arsed to change it, but just for you i will change it asap. unfortunatly brown wasnt an option and couldnt get flower embroided recaros. I think you have completly missed the point im making, dont worry tho just chill out relax open your sunroof and have a cheese and tomato sandwhich!

golf
alexm^^ your just jelious hes going to get a good looking car without having to pay as much for insurance:rasp:

330Ci (Fail)Sport
If you want a rep, go fo it, it's YOUR car so do what'll make YOU happy!

Personally, I wouldn't spend much on modding it, maybe some subtle mods like lowering and wheel etc, but thats cos I'm fed up with how slow my 1.4 feels sometimes and I'd rather put the money towards a faster car in 6 months time. But if you're not too obsessed with speed but want the looks, go for it. And like dutty is planning, you can drop a faster engine in it.

ph1 172
lol yer ur totally right there. ill be thinking that car thats getting smaller and smaller in my mirrors looks great :)

Turbo LY R27
brap brap

DSC08342.jpg

DSC08352.jpg

i think mine looks better than most RS's!

I love my car to bits, i know it looks better than other members real RS's, i am happy to say that i never regretted spending the amounts i have done on it.

All i need now is an RS engine which will be dropped in soon! People who think young drivers are stupid or just waste time on making there clio a replica are just narrow minded.

Not most young driver can afford to Pay 2000 for the insurance. Esp with most of them being Uni Students.

If you dont like the car, dont comment! simple as! Keep the negativity away, you may just be jealous because your RS looks w**k compared to a replica

er..:rolleyes:

Turbo LY R27
Ah yes you are definatly right, because yours is lowered it looks so much better and so different! :boring:

172 & RSi
replica's are just gay. Its like someone going out to by a replica man utd shirt coz they cant aford the real thing, would you consider that a cool/stylish/"personal" thing to do? think not IMO

Do you ever have anything nice to say?? I've noticed in every single one of your posts you just seem to be moaning and calling things for no real reason. You're clearly just trying to fit in but you just dont! Its people like you that make people not want to post things on here because as soon as someone disagrees with something you just jump on the bangwagon and start slating. Think before you post.

And back on topic, replicas are very cool as far as I'm concerned and I agree with Gaz. With replicas, the owner starts from scratch and makes all the styling decisions and choices when they are building one, such as wheels, bumpers, spoiler, suspension set up, interior, bumpstrips, handles etc. Some of the best cars on here are reps, f0xys, combines, duttys, chris', the green sheep etc.

Go for it, you will have a totally individual car and I don't think you will regret it, if you need more speed in future, just drop a 2.0 in it

Mini Cooper S sport
If your going to do a replica & leave the 1.2 engine in, don't put the 2.0 side badges on it.

Ditto! Hate it when people do that.

I can't see the point of 172 replicas..just save the cash and put it towards insuring the real thing. Why would you want people to think you've got a faster car than you actually have? All show and no go.

Clio Sport xxx
Do you ever have anything nice to say?? I've noticed in every single one of your posts you just seem to be moaning and calling things for no real reason. You're clearly just trying to fit in but you just dont! Its people like you that make people not want to post things on here because as soon as someone disagrees with something you just jump on the bangwagon and start slating. Think before you post.

'every single post'??? slight exaggeration there?

and get over it mate... IT'S JUST AN OPINION... just because it doesn't coincide with yours dont mean you have to throw your toys out the pram:nono: and what i said wasn't in anyway malicious, its just the opinion i have as i said. It wasn't personal, so dont get offended by it, if you disagree, ignore it or say something constructive to oppose it like most would do.

As for trying to fit in... pmsl!!! Not fitting into a cyber cummunity would be the least of my worries... infact i didnt even think about 'fitting in' until you mentioned it. But if thats what floats your boat, fair play! but im not here for that... i just see it as a focused resource of info, where i from time to time express my opinions. Speaking of which...

im all for modding any car, im all for indivualised the car your passionate about. I love doing it. all i disagree with is replicating... making the car look like something it's not. which is JUST MY OPINION! if the lad wants to do it, its up to him and fair play to the guy! Its all each to their own at the end of the day, and if he feels the money is well spent, then i for one respect that:)

Clio's
If your going to do a replica & leave the 1.2 engine in, don't put the 2.0 side badges on it.

I can't see the point of 172 replicas..just save the cash and put it towards insuring the real thing. Why would you want people to think you've got a faster car than you actually have? All show and no go.

i think its pretty obvious why people would want others to think they have got a faster car than they actually have!! Its like mercedes and BMW people only get them cos they have the name and other people will think they have a really expensive car!

172 & RSi

'every single post'??? slight exaggeration there?

and get over it mate... IT'S JUST AN OPINION... just because it doesn't coincide with yours dont mean you have to throw your toys out the pram:nono: and what i said wasn't in anyway malicious, its just the opinion i have as i said. It wasn't personal, so dont get offended by it, if you disagree, ignore it or say something constructive to oppose it like most would do.

As for trying to fit in... pmsl!!! Not fitting into a cyber cummunity would be the least of my worries... infact i didnt even think about 'fitting in' until you mentioned it. But if thats what floats your boat, fair play! but im not here for that... i just see it as a focused resource of info, where i from time to time express my opinions. Speaking of which...

im all for modding any car, im all for indivualised the car your passionate about. I love doing it. all i disagree with is replicating... making the car look like something it's not. which is JUST MY OPINION! if the lad wants to do it, its up to him and fair play to the guy! Its all each to their own at the end of the day, and if he feels the money is well spent, then i for one respect that:)

What I said was constructive, I didn't insult you or swear at you or anything, I think I made my point quite constructively. I am not throwing my toys out of the pram and I am well over it... What I'm getting at is that in a lot of threads you just seem to be calling other cars and putting other people down. This is just an observation I've made, there are loads of examples, when your talking about how ugly bonnet bras are, when you're saying how 1.6 16v Clios and Saxos are both rubbish, and the recent thread about the button beneath the accelerator. I've just noticed it every time and that is why I posted the above.

Back to the replica business, its not really about making a car look like something its not I don't think. Its about making the most out of what you have got and modding your car, whatever engine size, to look subtle and sporty. The 1*2 kit is good for this because its the best looking kit you can get for a Clio. I don't think people choose it because they want to fool people into thinking their car is something its not, I think the majority just want the sporty looks of the 1*2, plus some individual touches, without the running costs.

Clio 172 mk2

My sentiments exactly....but I suppose I am an old c**t so 172/182 is cheap and cheerful, for younger folk replicas obviously have their plus points.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
to be honest i dont see the issue with making a replica, i am planing on putting the sports bumpers and some aftermarket skirts on my car and thats just because i like the look of them, its not to make it into something it isnt, as if it happened to be an aftermarket bodykit no one would care. if i could afford a 172/ 182 then i would buy one but i cant, the insurance for me would be £2850 which is a stupid amount, at the moment i pay £600 with any cosmetic mods and some performance ones like exhausts or lowering etc. there are also other facts to take into account like the running cost, they are a fair bit higher in both petrol and tax. Being a student the finances aspect is the main reason.

i dont think i would badge mine up though.

surely a decent replica / part replica with mods is better than plastering your car with halfords tat.