ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Building a Clio Sport Replica. Opinions?

Motorbikes
Its his car, his money... if he wants a car that looks like a sport then why not? If its done properly then it will look the nuts! And anyone who says a good rep looks s**t then you'd better sell your car becasue it also looks s**t!!

If you dont drive it fast, then noone will know the difference.

Mini Cooper S sport

But performance is what the RS models are about!!

I don't know, maybe it's me but I absolutely cannot see the point of having something which LOOKS like a better car, but isn't.

I wouldn't want an MR2 with a Ferrari bodykit - if you can't afford the real thing, why bother?

Mercedes C Class Sport
A project...A task...Putting a car together...Learning how to do things. Its also experience for people. I'd imagine alot of the people who do the replicas themselves are better with modifying and maintaining their cars and future cars compared to alot of people, because of things theyll learn doing it

Turbo LY R27
A project...A task...Putting a car together...Learning how to do things. Its also experience for people. I'd imagine alot of the people who do the replicas themselves are better with modifying and maintaining their cars and future cars compared to alot of people, because of things theyll learn doing it

Yeah exactly... bit like machano or lego??:eek:

Clio 172 mk2

Like how to use filler and gaffa tape lol

Turbo LY R27

Like how to use filler and gaffa tape lol

^^^^:lolup:

Owen

ClioSport Admin
This really is an offshoot of the old arguement "why bother modifying, why not get a better car in the first place".
In my case i modded my first car with the usual alloys, springs, exhaust, huge stereo etc because at the time of buying the car i couldnt afford anything better at that moment.
Then over time as i earnt some ££, i spent it on little mods.
Yes, when you look back after a few years at all the money i spent on it then yes the total £xxxx could have got me the gti/sport/etc version but i didnt have enough in the first place.
I think reps have their place in the club, the same as real 1*2s do.
Surely if people are enthusiastic enough to spend all that time and effort building a replica they are exactly the people we want in the club, not some chav who rags around in a abused 1*2 with their lexus lights on the back.
Apologies for the long post.

Clio 182
I personally think my old rep looks better than my 172 :p

dsc233-1.gif

i agree it does
icon12.gif

But performance is what the RS models are about!!

I don't know, maybe it's me but I absolutely cannot see the point of having something which LOOKS like a better car, but isn't.

I wouldn't want an MR2 with a Ferrari bodykit - if you can't afford the real thing, why bother?

I agree with you RB:) - one thing good that's come out of all of this is at least he's not thinking of putting a v6 kit on it :quiet:

Steven - pmsl.

ph1 172
i just dont like custom exhausts really. duno why they just really bug me. especially on a 1.2 car. it just makes it sound so loud and plain awful! u can tell when a car with a massive exhaust system has a lil engine behind it. exhausts on a quick car to add performance is all good, but on 1 with a pidly engine aggrivates me lol.

fiesta 1.25
its not all about speed though, would you have a robin reliant if it was quicker than a 182? Its about the look of a car too...as you mentioned

You cant play that card, you no you want a 182 or you wouldnt of wasted your time making it look like 1? And no i wouldnt have a reliant because its a rubbish car:rolleyes:
But why dont you by one and put a ferrari body kit on it!;)
I reckon a reliant would beat those replicas or at least be very close, now then you would look like a pratt!

Yeh gaz all that time youve wasted making it look like a 182.
bless you mikeclio182

Megane R26 + 182
Right im makeing mine into a rep 172, why?????? Because im 18, 1 i cant afford the insurence and when i park next to some one in a clio standard and i get out of a sport people think HOW?? Look lads the reason most of us Mod are cars is to draw attention and you know it is! So just think of the ladies you can pull when your so young and they think you have a car that the majority of people your age cant afford. Well thats my opinon anyways.

Im young so i could change my mind as i get older but right now its all about the ladies!!! And a decent car makes it so so EASY!!!!

What does everyones insurance say to the replicas ???

As when someone comes to steal the car, they aren't going to know it's not a 2.0 are they ??

Megane R26 + 182
What does everyones insurance say to the replicas ???

As when someone comes to steal the car, they aren't going to know it's not a 2.0 are they ??

Just dont tell them! :evil: And dont park near a council estate. :rasp:
Jus kidding, well sort of! :cool:

Turbo LY R27
Right im makeing mine into a rep 172, why?????? Because im 18, 1 i cant afford the insurence and when i park next to some one in a clio standard and i get out of a sport people think HOW?? Look lads the reason most of us Mod are cars is to draw attention and you know it is! So just think of the ladies you can pull when your so young and they think you have a car that the majority of people your age cant afford. Well thats my opinon anyways.

Im young so i could change my mind as i get older but right now its all about the ladies!!! And a decent car makes it so so EASY!!!![/quote

Cant...keep...mouth...shut....any..longer!

Are you one of these young muppets that think the raw harnessed power of a 1.2 is going to impress women when you fly along the road at 25 mph with dizzy rascal on full blast? I gotta come where you go mate, coz if you get that from your chariot, im gonna have wicked fun in my r27!
You really dont no what women like, but your right when you get older you will learn, ever given one a proper orgasm yet? :rasp:

Oh yeah...'thats my opinion anyway'

Watch as the can of worms is opened!

Turbo LY R27
Thanks!^^^:rolleyes:

Seriously tho that is rubbish, all to impress school girls!! The only thing your gonna pull mate is the police!:cool:
Can you sing jail house rock?

bmw 318ci coupe
maybe renault should have made 1.2 clios etc with the option of the sportier looking 172's styling as there is obviously a demand for it,

then you would have something that looks good, is easy to insure and it would be "genuine"

Mondeo TDCI 130
Im hoping to build my brother a ph 1 replica for his first car! At 17 i think it will be ok for a first car! try and pick up a tidy 1.2, jobs a good un!