ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed - From The beginning

172 Race Car
Re: My Ph1 172 track sl*g Progress Thread

Thanks again Dave, your a star!

Justin, no its not 647, close tho, if u squint in the dark

FF Blackgold 182

Loving your work, everyone! We'll see if we can clean the exterior paint up in the next couple of weeks bud! :cool: Unless that is done already?!

PS, Justin update your "Car" details under your avatar! It's beginning to irritate me now! lol

172 Race Car

Today...........

Finished painting the inside, omg it looks great! Stain black footwell and painted and laquered (sp) the rear bar..

Fitted the battery box in the rear....

Re-fitted the lower part of the cage....

Refitted the wiring looms and cable tied all neatly.

Photobucket seems to be on strike so no pics yet

172 Race Car

Done, yes Mark of course. Going to rolling road on 8th too

IMAGE_331.gif

IMAGE_334.gif

IMAGE_335.gif

IMAGE_336.gif

IMAGE_337.gif

IMAGE_339.gif

IMAGE_340.gif

IMAGE_341.gif

IMAGE_342.gif

IMAGE_343.gif

IMAGE_344.gif

IMAGE_346.gif

IMAGE_345.gif

Qashcow

blimey, loads done today aswel. looks brilliant with the front in black too. cant wait to see it with the buckets and rest of cage in too!!

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer

that looks spot on :D

silver and black go really well

Racing Blue FF182

great thread, nice to know how it turns out when you finish

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member

Only just read this thread now.

Looks like it's gonna be great!

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v

Only just noticed this thread, how blind am I!!!! Coming along a treat loving the look and quality of the work.

Take it you had similar problems to us when removing the rear seat brackets, Pain in the arse job that isn't it lol.

KUTGW

b/g 182, meg tourer

great thread!!!! its really taking shape now and its going to be awesome when its done. well done!

172 Race Car

Thanks for all the comments guys......

looking good!

4 pots, 4 pots!
Will u stop, Lol. im not having 4 pots!
MINT! A great DIY project...

Done suppose you've got that vent you took out do you?
No sory bud, my bro butchered it all to make the holder support

Only just noticed this thread, how blind am I!!!! Coming along a treat loving the look and quality of the work.

Take it you had similar problems to us when removing the rear seat brackets, Pain in the arse job that isn't it lol.

KUTGW
^ wtf does that mean? Lol....

tried drilling out the spot welds but they came out the hole way. After a failed atempt with filler (not used it before) we decided that im gonna bung the holes with rivets. You can see the wheel through the hole and i dont want any s**t splashing in.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon

Any idea as to why the new clutch cable has a big weight on it??

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v

Lol you have my complete sympathies we fitted the cage then tried to remove them meaning we couldn't get the drill on it square and went straight through on a couple of them wleding them all up took a whole morning and drove me to madness :dead:

FF Blackgold 182

Nice lot of progress again today! :) Looks mint bud and a lot better and more organised, to say the least, since I last saw it. lol Can't wait to see it again in the metal and have a passenger ride! Looks like it's gonna be hardcore! :evil:

172 Race Car

Any idea as to why the new clutch cable has a big weight on it??
Not sure mate, would like to know myself. From my experiance with fords the clutch arms on the diesel models had huge weights on them but the cables were the same. maybe Reno do it the other way around and have a standard arm with weighted cable.............

Saab 93 Aero Wagon

Well my theory is its to give the clutch pedal more feel/weight.

My Cup has a fairly light clutch pedal compared to my missus' 182....maybe they changed them for the 182's.

172 Race Car

Yea I know what you mean. All the 172's ive driven are similar in feel But Anim@l's 182 clutch pedal is SOOOOOO heavy compaired. Will see what mine is like when its all back together.

FF Blackgold 182

Yea I know what you mean. All the 172's ive driven are similar in feel But Anim@l's 182 clutch pedal is SOOOOOO heavy compaired. Will see what mine is like when its all back together.

"HOW DARE YOU!" lol. I don't know what you mean?! ;)

172 Race Car

Oops, lost the pics from post 86.... can a mod put them back please.

IMAGE_331.jpg

IMAGE_334.jpg

IMAGE_335.jpg

IMAGE_336.jpg

IMAGE_337.jpg

IMAGE_339.jpg

IMAGE_340.jpg

IMAGE_341.jpg

IMAGE_342.jpg

IMAGE_343.jpg

IMAGE_344.jpg

IMAGE_346.jpg

IMAGE_345.jpg

A4 DTM/iceberg cup

didntrealise you had got this far! looks like a top job!

Glacier White 197 Cup

just read all of 6 pages!!! Looks an awsome project. Great work!

M

mini-valver

Interior looks amazing fella. Really come one since your first post, top work!

172 Race Car

Thanks for all the comments people.

MOT now booked for Thursday so i better get a move on......

Still waiting for a throttle cable after my failed attempt to re-cable the original. The outer cable is rusted through and snapped so got one ordered up. Apparently there was only 1 left in the country!

M

mini-valver

Thanks for all the comments people.

MOT now booked for Thursday so i better get a move on......

Still waiting for a throttle cable after my failed attempt to re-cable the original. The outer cable is rusted through and snapped so got one ordered up. Apparently there was only 1 left in the country!

I ordered one a couple of weeks ago from Renault, came next day, lol.

172 Race Car

Right, managed to do a bit this morning before work (on late shifts this weekend:() Getting started is always a problem, can never decide what to do first. When i got going tho i got quite abit done.

Wiring is the main task at the mo, getting the tailgate and near side rear wiring sorted and connecting up my new heater panel switches. I connected up the battery temporarily to check all sytems were go and had the old girl running for a little while. Trying to decide where to put the negative battery cable but ive made up a new cable today and will finailise it tomorrow.

IMAGE_347.gif

IMAGE_351.gif

IMAGE_352.gif

Finished all the rear wiring looms now, all tied back nice and neat.

IMAGE_353.gif

IMAGE_354.gif

IMAGE_355.gif

Ive fitted a solenoid to release the boot. Not a very track spec thing to do i know but i did it for several reasons. A. the boot lock is f**ked and would cost more than this solenoid cost me to sort out. B. it gives me a use for one of the new dash buttons. C.
Much more convienient as the boot can be opened without the key and when shut is locked.

IMAGE_348.gif

I wired it into the existing tailgate loom (using the wiper wiring) then gave it an earth by the back light and a feed at the fuse box end by tracing the wiper loom back and isolating the wire. Connected it to the new dash switch and gave it a ignition feed. Job done, cost £4

IMAGE_350.gif

Late shift again tomorrow, meaning in the morning i should be able to finalise the battery wiring, fit the battery cut off switch, finish tidying the dash wiring and refit the lower dash.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup

nice job bud!!! when we stripped a friends saxo we covered the wiring in heatshrink which works a treat! thats going to be too nice to take on a track soon lol