ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

Clio 197
I was at Mallory in the 197 Clio, I really need to lose some weight and gain some power. :(
My car is weighing in at just over 1300 kg and engine is just standard.
i got the car with the intention of racing in the michelin Clio series but they only have 3 or 4 cars so decided to race elsewhere but the car is so uncompetitive, I either need to lose some weight from it or gain power or both, I didn't want to alter too much in case they get more cars In the michelin series, then I can do that,but would also like to be more competitive in this series, I guess I need some bolt on power ?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I was at Mallory in the 197 Clio, I really need to lose some weight and gain some power. :(
i got the car with the intention of racing in the michelin Clio series but they only have 3 or 4 cars so decided to race elsewhere but the car is so uncompetitive, I either need to lose some weight from it or gain power or both, I didn't want to alter too much in case they get more cars In the michelin series, then I can do that,but would also like to be more competitive in this series, I guess I need some bolt on power ?

I've got some Clio r3 performance parts if your interested? High comp pistons, cams and heat treated rods. If the price is right, they're available!! Power wise your looking at around 220-230hp. Pm me if your interested to save cluttering up Tony's thread.

182cup & 172 racecar

Hi Nic or Fred

Didn't get chance to say hello in the paddock, sorry about that, went to see just about everybody else.

Took us a whole 14-15 mins to catch and lap you though, those cars are heavy.

​Hopefully see you soon.

clio 172

Hi Nic,
I was in the grey clio 172 at Mallory. If it's any consolation I was 1250kg, and am also running a standard engine, so I can feel your pain! It's fair to say you were considerably better on the brakes than me... Anyway, I enjoyed our little tussle. Are you doing Oulton or Donnington?

Apologies for not coming and saying Hi, but as it was my first meeting it was all a bit of a blur.

Cheers,
Ian

clio 172
The thought of running side by side there scares the life out of me. Will leave it to you seasoned professionals! Keeping my eyes on Oulton. Are you guys going?

182cup & 172 racecar
Last weekend to check the car over before Cadwell.

Refit rear end of exhaust.

Changed rear n/s light cluster, as this had melted.

Got the rear bumper to fit a little better, after being heavily nudged at the hairpin at Mallory lol.

Resprayed the front bumper, and tried to get that to fit a little better, after having a 205 stuck to it!

Complete spanner check, nothing lose, which was good.

Greased up fire pull wire, as it was seized into the casing :eek:

Found that the throttle was only giving me 94%, so adjusted cable, so 100% should give me the little I was missing at Mallory. I had checked it before testing on the Friday, but not before the race's on Sat, silly me.

Brakes all bled and caliper sliders all greased up.

No real problems, mainly cosmetic stuff.

Will get the geo checked during the next 2 weeks then off to Cadwell.

​Looking forward to Llandow next weekend, for a bit of fun and silly chat.

172 Race Car
I love how all it needs nowdays is a quick spanner check and the windows cleaned. Its a very solid, reliable tool now. Took quite some time to get it to that stage.

We wont mention the regular paint touchups it seems to need these days

182cup & 172 racecar
Front bumper must actually weigh a ton now, got about 20 layers of paint on it!

But yes, the time we took over detail building it has paid off now, show it the spanners, and it's done. Thanks.:)

Clio 182 Race Car
After the last episode there will be no early preparation for me - Friday before we set off for Cadwell it will be checked! Spent most weekends on the lorry - New brakes, New Shocks, Geometry Set, Exhaust welded up - the old girl takes more prep than the car nowadays (lorry not the bride)

Clio 182 Race Car
Haven't looked at it since Mallory, forgot where I left it. I suspect that it needs new tyres, must pay Mr Motorsport a visit. My last races are Cadwell and Oulton in French Trophy and the Birkett, Ashley and Danny are using the Clio at Oulton in CSCC, so four new tyres will see us the season out. The Birkett, as usual will be on the worn out carcases left in the garage - good job it never rains in October!

clio cup
By the looks of the Motors TV footage I don't think they even paid the camera men so doubt they would give Tony any cash, lol

WRX
Can't say that I blame you, unfortunately can't make it this weekend sorry but I'm playing at Gaydon. Can't refuse a free blast in work's new pride and joy. MY TURN lol..