ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

WRX
Don't worry Tony, I'm not changing. The idea still makes perfect sense to me. At Oulton the little Dinky car made everything look silly, I'd have the best excuse in the whole field. "Mine's a standard road car"

Does make the standard clio series look a bit silly considering it will cost more than that to get a car ready and then be so limited in terms of what its competitive for.

Mine owes me less than £2.5k, so if you buy smart you can easily do it for cheaper. But of course buying a pre done racer in general will always be cheaper.

Also the Clios will be ample competitive enough for the production class in my opinion, granted there isn't the amount of modified parts you can buy off the shelf than the Citroens/Peugoets that conform to the regs but the Clio has good standard parts that gives it advantages over the other manufacturers also.

Clio 172
I missed it didnt have a cage. I suppose with the lightweight panels it could be 800kg, I must have put a casge in it when I read track toy. My bad.

Last edited:
  182cup & 172 racecar
Oulton and Donington vids are with Jay. He has not long moved, and is still waiting for Internet connection, fkn BT. Been in 6 weeks now!!

I can't do that shiz.

172 Race Car
Im back in the 21st century now with internet zipping along nicely. Why it takes 6 weeks to connect a few wires ive no idea, glad I dont run a business from home or id be bankrupt by now. Anyway trying to catch up with everything and the vids are uploading. It will take a few days.

Race 1 from Oulton is nearly upoaded already including the kamikaze at the hairpin.

Last edited by a moderator:
  172 Race Car
Would be about 4 hrs to complie a new video then 8hrs to upload, x2 as id have to do race 2. My old laptops not keen on HD. God knows how I did that.

Fixed it, sort of tho, check again ;)