ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Well it wasn't overly warm down there today but Nick and i have cracking windburn!
Cracking day. Really enjoyed it. Learnt a shed load and it certainly opened my eyes to a lot of things. Big thanks to Tony and Jay for showing me the way it all runs.

182cup & 172 racecar
Well it wasn't overly warm down there today but Nick and i have cracking windburn!
Cracking day. Really enjoyed it. Learnt a shed load and it certainly opened my eyes to a lot of things. Big thanks to Tony and Jay for showing me the way it all runs.
No problem,good to see you,Nick and Tom.
Great to see everyone again today, shame Sarah has informed me im not allowed to build a race car though. Booo ;)

Will definitely have to lower my seat though, great driving position in the burpspeed bus.

Jay/Tony, sorry we legged it after the race, i was blooming freezing!!!
What do you expect,prancing around in just a shirt.

pm me the results then, i was supposedly on the list to be told, guess burpspeed have gone royal mail on me LOL!
Never,you got one didn't you.

172 Race Car
Ive just got in. Me, Dan, Dave and Tim went for a curry in a small town near the circuit.

What a bloody long day. Was worth it tho, Brands is a great circuit for racing. Report is written (on way home as Bomber drove my family bus back) so just got to wait for it to be published on Burpspeed.com and will post on here.

Qualified 10th
Finished 10th (8th in class)

Car could of been better, we will get there, set up still not right. We both had some epic battles tho.

thanks to everyone for coming along and enjoying the day, I think we had the biggest fan club there ;)

172 Race Car
Cant remember the name, Palace of India or something. Didnt decide where or when untill we were on the road. usually just stop for a Burger King in the services but we had a passenger with expensive taste who refused to go anywhere lower than a pizza hut

Qashcow
Palace of India, farningham :) Nom nom

Good to meet a few new faces, got home 30 minutes ago lol, what a very long day! Great fun again though guys

172 Race Car
Tonys start. Thats all the footage we got unfortunately. Camera doesnt like kerbs when its bolted solid to the roll cage. A real shame as we would of had some epic footage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was good to come and see what goes on in the background rather than just the racing, cheers Tony and Jay for giving Ollie, Tom and I a good insight as to what needs doing etc. Its a lot more than you think!

Well done with the racing also, did well seeing as the car was a 'handful'! There wasnt much if any pacewise between you guys and the front runners which is good!

Cheers
Nick

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Good video footage. Shows how unruly that ass was down into Paddock.....and how bloody close that Fiesta was getting through Clearways!

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Hi Tony/Jay

Looks like a good days motorsport , how did the diff perform ? do you think its made much difference to your lap times ?

Mines on its way from Quaife and managed to get it done in a week instead of the 2-3 quoted after a bit of chasing :)

172 Race Car
made a massive difference. Took me most of quali to get used to putting the power down earlier. Where as normaly you had to wait on the exit of druids, now its much sooner and harder you can get on the gas. You cant just mash it but its made a big difference.

We know it will be quicker in the long run. we need to make it all work now, a few issues to sort but we are pleased that its not a head scratcher. We were quite competative and beat a few quick cars but had trouble with some of the lower classed stuff that (in theory) we should be beating. Theres another 0.5-1sec per lap around brands in the car somewhere. We just need to find it

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Cheers Jay glad your happy with it, does it cut understeer and if so have you had to adjust your set up to suit ? pm if you prefer ;)

I was just thinking if it does I may need to remove my rear ARB as it may be too tail happy as it caught me out on my last event.

Race photos done :)

http://www.danfreemanphotography.com/2011/05/burpspeed-brands-hatch-race-photos/

DSC5402.jpg

DSC5830.jpg

DSC5711.jpg

DSC5747.jpg

M140i
Awesome pics Dan :) Was good to meet you all yesterday and see some faces I haven't seen for a while :) Great day with some quality racing.

172 Race Car
1.2 shell, Stock internals, Jenveys etc

Look closely and its the biggest shed you have ever seen, (Tom JMS are you listening? ;))

but its so quick. he saw we bought a diff and went and got one too. Finished fitting it Saturday night and then span it first lap out of the pits

We had them beat at Mallory until the alternator gave up

172 Race Car
Ashley and Ian Collins (the black Clio) only 0.3 seconds quicker than last year, just looked at the results.

Weve improved by 1.1 seconds from last year at brands

They are and always have been our benchmark

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually....I'm afraid you might have to wait until tomorrow.

My comp is processing some photos for a time lapse video, so it's a bit busy :(

Worth the wait though :)