ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

182cup & 172 racecar
I think the front is 350kg each side and the rear is 125kg each side corner weighted
total 950kg's with driver and 3/4 tank of fuel.

What kit do you mean,AST's? yes fine.

172 Race Car
Not long till Donington now. An even stronger field than at Brands. 2x Ex BTCC 306's entered and a BTCC Race winner (Mike Jordan) in one of the Intergras, will be an interesting day.

We have some track time on Friday afternoon to try and sort out the poor balance and for me to learn the circuit. Only ever been there once as a spectator back in 2005

340i
I will be coming down on Saturday to hold hands with Bomber..

But if you need any help etc. Please use and abuse me :)

Lionel Richie
I think the front is 350kg each side and the rear is 125kg each side corner weighted
total 950kg's with driver and 3/4 tank of fuel.

What kit do you mean,AST's? yes fine.

no its not, fronts are "about" 280kg each
rears are "about" 180kg each

(i have the exact figures, but they're staying with me ;))

Golf GTD Mk7
Depending how things go, it might be about 2ish. Quick dash up the m1. What's spectating like there? In or outfield?

Qashcow
Is that all you'll be holding Gray? :(

3 day weekend, one at donny and two bike training, I'm going to be destroyed come Monday night lol

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Hope you guys have a good showing this weekend. I'd love to come up as i said to Tony on Friday, but we have a pretty busy weekend ahead.

Best of luck lads.:)

182cup & 172 racecar
I think the van,is either shrinking, or we are taking more and more stuff.Still got to leave room for all the sleeping bags and stuff yet.Ahhhhhh.

340i
It's been terrible rain for most of the day here guys....

But when the sun breaks out it's drying up pretty quick!

Cracking day again. Jay's race report will give more detail, but we qualified 11th then finished 6th! The car looked like it was handling awesome, and for once Jay and Tony sounded properly pleased with it.

We were lucky with the weather too, it pissed it down around midday, but it was sunshine for the race :)

All photos here: http://www.danfreemanphotography.com/2011/05/burpspeed-donnington-park/

I did get distracted by the Ferrari's between quali and the race, hence why there's quite a few pics in the gallery!

Might was well post a few here too :)

DSC8182.jpg

The downpour :(

DSC8321.jpg

The distractions....

DSC8538.jpg

DSC8604.jpg

The race...

DSC8728.jpg

DSC8660.jpg

Overall a great day out, hope the good fortune runs into the next race!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I had heard that the lads pulled off a 6th place in an action packed race. Awesome job. Look forward to reading the write up! :)

340i
Top day guys... Shame the race ended the way it did, the silver Clio had a right smack in the back end!

You seemed to be making good pace before that! :)

Thanks to Jay and Tony for the ticket to come and watch!