ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buy an e90 335i they said, it'll be fun they said ...

It nearly was actually, but i faffed about and missed out on a gorgeous Tanzanite 335i with Individual Opal white leather, HK, pro nav, adaptive suspension & sunroof! Only had 29k miles as well. Although tbf, it was a shedload more than i wanted to pay at £16k ... You know me though, i like to buy the same car repeatedly - so its something ive had before & liked, but not really gelled with for a variety of reasons :unsure:

Fair play. Blue again? ;)

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I wish you would sell me some damn wood trim! Pm me if you have spare (I know I’ve annoyed you about 15 times on this point)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I wish you would sell me some damn wood trim! Pm me if you have spare (I know I’ve annoyed you about 15 times on this point)
Keep bugging him.
He loves being bugged.
Let me know if you'd like his landline number so he keeps having to get up to go to the table in the hallway to answer your questions .. best price paid wins the number (y)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Do you just have this, the touring and the M135i? Did you sell all the diesels etc?

Yah, 2019 has gone like this.

January. Owned 330i saloon, then bought broken 325i Touring on ebay.
February. Bought 335i saloon, sold 330i saloon to @Rob
June. Sold fixed 325i touring, bought 335d touring.
October. Bought M135i, sold 335d touring.
November. Bought 335i touring.

Currently have the e90 335i, e91 335i and M135i. Need to sell the e90 and M135i at some point :LOL: (y)

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Yah, 2019 has gone like this.

January. Owned 330i saloon, then bought broken 325i Touring on ebay.
February. Bought 335i saloon, sold 330i saloon to @Rob
June. Sold fixed 325i touring, bought 335d touring.
October. Bought M135i, sold 335d touring.
November. Bought 335i touring.

Currently have the e90 335i, e91 335i and M135i. Need to sell the e90 and M135i at some point :LOL: (y)
Your e91 thread needs more updates

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
After googling I realised exactly what it is lol. Whoops. There was me thinking it was a diy

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Little update on the blue 335i before it gets collected by its new owner at the weekend ...

Rather annoyingly, just after it was MOT'd it developed a PAS leak. Being that i bought the M135i, this left the 335i unused for quite a while, until January when i did some investigation. It basically had a pinhole next to where it attaches to the PAS pump. Annoying. Being that the high pressure line is £280 i tried to wrap it with highpressure/high temp plumbing tape/sealant. This worked brilliantly for about 30 minutes, then it started pouring out again.

#335ilife
49639103506_47b93a8547_c.jpg
Untitled
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr

Unfortunately it was draining the PAS tank in about 5 minutes and i couldnt be bothered to lie around underneath it in the rain, so off it went to BMS Surrey on the back of a lowloader.
49639103436_c9862684b2_c.jpg
Untitled
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr
49639103486_44276c5c75_c.jpg
Untitled
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr

£450 later (£280 for the part, £75 for fitting, £70 for transport and £25 for a taxi) and its back working again perfectly:
49639379152_f6c9285fda_c.jpg
Untitled
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr

So i took the wood out - buyer prefers silver:
49639103371_a36628df8f_c.jpg
Untitled
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr

Also, had this pop up on the dash, bulbs seem fine, but the warning can go off if the contacts are dirty/they about to fail as well. So 4 x new Bosch H7's ordered.
49639103386_db93a7875d_c.jpg
Untitled
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr

It goes on Sunday and having driven it about for the past few days i know ill regret it. Bloody good car for the money!!

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I really do love the arse end on the 335's!

They do look mean. I toyed with the idea of having the conversion done on my old E91. I bought the diffuser and everything. Then I had to remind myself it was a 320d and smoke pouring out the back like a f**king chinese coal station would have looked w**k

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
What wood did it have? I want to swap my Fine Brushed Aluminium for some.

Edit: just looked and stopped being lazy. Is it in good condition/for sale?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
They do look mean. I toyed with the idea of having the conversion done on my old E91. I bought the diffuser and everything. Then I had to remind myself it was a 320d and smoke pouring out the back like a f**king chinese coal station would have looked w**k
Nah smoke pouring out the back a bit just adds to the flavour

As long as it's not rolling coal like a PD130 Fabia from a council estate

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

You can tell a fake 335 a mile off. They normally also have M Tat all over them and wind deflectors

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Nah smoke pouring out the back a bit just adds to the flavour

As long as it's not rolling coal like a PD130 Fabia from a council estate

My 320d does it when I boot it on the motorway, but it's not that thick black s**t, so just makes it look like my car is fucked. Which it probably is.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Edit: just looked and stopped being lazy. Is it in good condition/for sale?
What is it with people and wood? 😂
Wood is the gentleman's choice ;):cool:
Alas @Christopher it will be making its way into the e91 soon im afraid ... oyster leather and wood :love: :love: :love:

So the last update on the e90 335i is here.
It was a great car imho, few issues, some my own fault, some the cars, but rather amusingly, none of the usual "335i problems".
I did hate the active steering however, incredibly direct, but compared to the normal hydraulic setup in the touring, it was :sick:

Looking super clean:
49672750961_ef6d4d466a_c.jpg
Untitled
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr
49672209213_365caf6467_c.jpg
Untitled
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr

TT also got a wash:
49673032782_00d8054787_c.jpg
Untitled
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr

Bye bye :cry:
49672209203_4fe20f12b8_c.jpg
Untitled
by Sir_Dave, on Flickr

Am also back down to 1 car for the first time in about 11 years. Needless to say, this feels very very odd 😟