ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye bye 1,4 16v,welcome Rs.....

182 cup pack
Hello guys...

A few days ago I've just sold my 1,4 16v clio-ph1 and ordered a brand new sanguine red(orange) 182 cup... (one of the last here in Greece)

Will have the car in my hands by the end of December.Looks like Santa is coming to town :D )

I'm very happy,and think that is a huge step for me(even though my Mtv was heavy moded)

I have a couple of questions regarding "breaking in" and what method should I use.....

I was thinking of having the engine broken in via Italian tuning... For those who might don't know,Italian tuning(old Alfa romeo mechanics were using this method) is similar to the method that is discribed here:
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Any help would be appreciated.....

Ps: Sorry for my English,but I'm doing my best :D

106 GTi
Nice one, good choice.

As for running it in Renault say 625 miles, but lotrs on here have driven them hard from new as long as there up to running temp.

Ad

MK2 FRS
^^ lol,

I have just gradually built up the revs over the first thousand miles, will be upto 10k before its full lossen up and even then depends how you drive it.

182 cup pack
Thanks guys for your posts.. :D

That's what I'm gonna do,run it hard(of course when the temperature is at the right spot always)

As for the break in I will do the following as soon as I get the car:

1 ACCELERATE CAR WITH HALF THROTTLE AND 3rd GEAR UP TO 3.000 rpm. LIFT THROTTLE AND LET THE CAR DECCELERATE WITHOUT BRAKING UP TO 1.500 rpm. REPEAT THE PROCEDURE 10 TIMES.
2 REPEAT THE PROCEDURE OF STEP 1 WITH 4th GEAR.
3 ACCELERATE CAR WITH FULL THROTTLE AND 3rd GEAR UP TO 3.000 rpm. LIFT THROTTLE AND LET THE CAR DECCELERATE WITHOUT BRAKING UP TO 1.500 rpm. REPEAT THE PROCEDURE 10 TIMES.
4 REPEAT THE PROCEDURE OF STEP 3 WITH 4th GEAR.
5 ACCELERATE CAR WITH HALF THROTTLE AND 3rd GEAR UP TO 5.000 rpm. LIFT THROTTLE AND LET THE CAR DECCELERATE WITHOUT BRAKING UP TO 1.500 rpm. REPEAT THE PROCEDURE 10 TIMES.
6 REPEAT THE PROCEDURE OF STEP 5 WITH 4th GEAR.
7 ACCELERATE CAR WITH FULL THROTTLE AND 3rd GEAR UP TO 5.000 rpm. LIFT THROTTLE AND LET THE CAR DECCELERATE WITHOUT BRAKING UP TO 1.500 rpm. REPEAT THE PROCEDURE 10 TIMES.
8 REPEAT THE PROCEDURE OF STEP 7 WITH 4th GEAR.
9 ACCELERATE CAR WITH FULL THROTTLE AND 3rd GEAR UP TO 6.200 rpm. LIFT THROTTLE AND LET THE CAR DECCELERATE WITHOUT BRAKING UP TO 2.000 rpm. REPEAT THE PROCEDURE 5 TIMES.
10 REPEAT THE PROCEDURE OF STEP 9 WITH 4th GEAR.
11 ACCELERATE CAR WITH FULL THROTTLE AND 3rd GEAR UP TO 7.200 rpm. LIFT THROTTLE AND LET THE CAR DECCELERATE WITHOUT BRAKING UP TO 2.000 rpm. REPEAT THE PROCEDURE 3 TIMES.
12 REPEAT THE PROCEDURE OF STEP 11 WITH 4th GEAR.
13 REPLACE ENGINE OIL AND FILTER.

Note: The important thing in the whole task is that the car should deccelerate with the «engine» and not by steping on the brakes..
Also one should avoid driving with constant speeds during run-in...

ps: Damn cannot wait anymore :D the days just dont pass

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
1. Find favourite B-road, or in your case, twisty road.
2. Apply beans & talent.
3. Enjoy.

:)

172 cup TT
GRC79 said:
1 ACCELERATE CAR WITH HALF THROTTLE AND 3rd GEAR UP TO 3.000 rpm. LIFT THROTTLE AND LET THE CAR DECCELERATE WITHOUT BRAKING UP TO 1.500 rpm. REPEAT THE PROCEDURE 10 TIMES.
2 REPEAT THE PROCEDURE OF STEP 1 WITH 4th GEAR.
3 ACCELERATE CAR WITH FULL THROTTLE AND 3rd GEAR UP TO 3.000 rpm. LIFT THROTTLE AND LET THE CAR DECCELERATE WITHOUT BRAKING UP TO 1.500 rpm. REPEAT THE PROCEDURE 10 TIMES.
4 REPEAT THE PROCEDURE OF STEP 3 WITH 4th GEAR.
5 ACCELERATE CAR WITH HALF THROTTLE AND 3rd GEAR UP TO 5.000 rpm. LIFT THROTTLE AND LET THE CAR DECCELERATE WITHOUT BRAKING UP TO 1.500 rpm. REPEAT THE PROCEDURE 10 TIMES.
6 REPEAT THE PROCEDURE OF STEP 5 WITH 4th GEAR.
7 ACCELERATE CAR WITH FULL THROTTLE AND 3rd GEAR UP TO 5.000 rpm. LIFT THROTTLE AND LET THE CAR DECCELERATE WITHOUT BRAKING UP TO 1.500 rpm. REPEAT THE PROCEDURE 10 TIMES.
8 REPEAT THE PROCEDURE OF STEP 7 WITH 4th GEAR.
9 ACCELERATE CAR WITH FULL THROTTLE AND 3rd GEAR UP TO 6.200 rpm. LIFT THROTTLE AND LET THE CAR DECCELERATE WITHOUT BRAKING UP TO 2.000 rpm. REPEAT THE PROCEDURE 5 TIMES.
10 REPEAT THE PROCEDURE OF STEP 9 WITH 4th GEAR.
11 ACCELERATE CAR WITH FULL THROTTLE AND 3rd GEAR UP TO 7.200 rpm. LIFT THROTTLE AND LET THE CAR DECCELERATE WITHOUT BRAKING UP TO 2.000 rpm. REPEAT THE PROCEDURE 3 TIMES.
12 REPEAT THE PROCEDURE OF STEP 11 WITH 4th GEAR.
13 REPLACE ENGINE OIL AND FILTER.

hehe reckon you will do that :)