ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye Bye Clio :~(

DCi
I think I will be saying tara to my car soon.. I went to the garage and put a deposit on a dci which I was going to part ex the 182 to for this weekend. I just do too many miles and I don't drive the 182 like it ought to be driven anymore.

So that was all ok up until this morning, when someone decided to turn right... smack bang into my drivers side headlight.

The attending police man said a similar thing happened to him in regards to selling it and that the insurance pay off basically just transfers to the garage and they get the pay out (or that's what i understood) which might be good news for me. (although I suspect I might buy the dci with a litte bit of cash from bank of dad and pay it off with the claim!)

In fairness I'm glad I was in the clio because the cockpit largely maintained it's shape and I'm a little stiff but not hurt at all really, could be a lot worse!! The lad who turned was only 20 and he seemed really shaken but he is ok too.

anyway you are all only waiting for pics so here you go:

znpwf4.gif

w1pdtg.png

352iubo.png

59t47d.png

S3, Polo
The Saxo looks a mess!

That is literally the first Clio crash pic (that I've seen) where the Clio came out looking better off!

Glad you're ok!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Car ain't that bad mate.

The glass' guide is still booking good money on 182's so don't be so sure they will be writing it off, you might end up with it back.

If you have any hassle fire me a pm.

DCi
Car ain't that bad mate.

The glass' guide is still booking good money on 182's so don't be so sure they will be writing it off, you might end up with it back.

If you have any hassle fire me a pm.
if i got it back wouldnt it be a CAT D or C (or something)

as i was trading it in, i'd want it written off so I can have the pre-accident value out of it to buy the part ex car in straight cash

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No if it's repaired it doesn't get registered. Cat c/d are for write offs.

If it's written off you should get the pav minus excess/mileage and old damage.

Roughly 5500 with 57,000 miles.

Repair up to roughly 3575. 65% the pav.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols if anybody has an accident an doesn't want the car back they have to start destroying it before photos ect.. are taken.

My Uncle dented both doors and his quarter after my cousins clio was hit.

DCi
haha it wasn't on my mind at the time and i think there might of been a few witnesses in the middle of the main road

o well we shall see what they say when they value it hopefully by the end of the week they said.

320d
Gutted its a right pain when this happens.

Happened to my uncle a couple of days before he traded his car in about 8 years ago too.

Glad your ok though mate, thats all that counts.

I'll be extra careful with mine now as i'm selling it on Sat.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You have pm mate.

Get something decent with your settlement! ;)