ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye bye R27 :( Hello R26!! :)

Megane R26
After just under 12 months' ownership, I've decided to part ways with my R27 and change it for an R26 Megane. The Clio is a great car, but perhaps not the best on the motorway. When you're in the mood for it, it's massive fun, but when you're not, it can feel like a chore... or maybe I'm getting old!

My Clio :(

P1020327.jpg

The Megane!

DSCN2571.jpg

It looks a bit plain without the decals, but I may add these shortly. 19k, 57 plate, Xenons. Pick it up Friday.

No more swirls :)

Cheers,
Russ.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Thats the exact spec Meg I nearly bought last yr. Silver looks good on them.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks great Russ i'm sure you'll still try to get it looking perfect detailing wise! :)

Any mods planned?

Crappy work hire car
Nah mate, I like it clean :)

Plus that's 1 month you won't have to take the £100 hit :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Do you think I should add the decals? Will cost me £120ish

If it was me i'd just do the front bumper one.

The roof ones are awful and the rear ones are too shouty.

You have DEFFINATELY bought the best colour though!

Swift Sport
I was well impressed when we went out in it, and the pic doesn't do it justice. I'm sure you'll love it :)

As you already know, I wouldn't bother with the decals!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nice!!! Would love one. Once i've sorted my house i'll be back for something like this/200!!

Silver wont be satisfying when its detailed ;)

Megane R26
Nice!!! Would love one. Once i've sorted my house i'll be back for something like this/200!!

Silver wont be satisfying when its detailed ;)

I know :( I'm hoping machine polished a bit of Zaino will give it a nice bit of bling - we'll see! Swirl free heaven though after 3 black cars on the trot!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
ouch!!!! I lasted 6 months with my BG 182. f**k having 3 lol!!

Megane R26
I did well with the R27, gave it a once over with a light finishing polish yesterday and it's totally swirl free again! It's mint too, had a new steering wheel, new Recaro and alloy refurb in the past few weeks!

Megane R26
Big fan of the R26. Good upgrade. How does it go compared to the R27?

MUCH torquier and easier to get going, but I really have to keep an eye on the speedo now as I'm used to working the Clio quite hard.

Better traction and power out of roundabouts etc too - the LSD and Turbo work really well together.

If I miss NA, I'll get a 200... but I don't think I will after it's been remapped

BMW M135i
Haha knew you'd come round to the idea, looks good will look forward to seeing it sometime :D. Sod stg1, forge cooler, milltek, stg2 done!

R27
Noooo i loved the black R27.

R26 is a worthy repalcement though, looks great.

Keep us posted on whether you get on with the turbo, although I think you will ;)

200 Gordini
Better traction and power out of roundabouts etc too - the LSD and Turbo work really well together.

Your doubts gone about the handling then?

I'd do what Ben said.. skip stage one and raid the bank account.

Spec? The link you sent me wouldnt load :(

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member
Good step up
id save my money on decals and put it towards other mods
ie itg filter,forge intercooler,samco hoses, stage 2 remap and box (rs tuning)
then u should be pushing upto 270 bhp and 320 lbft ;)