ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

C V gator hose clamp size

BG Clio 182
My CV boot is letting a bit of grease out around the edge so I think the clip has had it.

I think I'll just get a good hose clamp to fix it back on. Question Is, What diameter clip will I need, and will this be better than the shitty CV clips?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I used a 2 jubilee clips on mine for nearly 2 years and they've been fine but I know people have had problems with them catching etc.

You'll need a 70-90 clip for the wider end and 25-35 for the smaller end.

BG Clio 182
I used a 2 jubilee clips on mine for nearly 2 years and they've been fine but I know people have had problems with them catching etc.

You'll need a 70-90 clip for the wider end and 25-35 for the smaller end.
Any specific way around so that it doesn't catch?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Any specific way around so that it doesn't catch?

Not that I can remember.

I Just bent the tab down as much as possible when I tightened mine up to make sure it didn't catch. As I say, it's been on for a few years now and it's fine.

BG Clio 182
I need to do mine this weekend & fit a new clip,what about cv boot grease to?,can you get it seperate ?
From experience go to your nearest Halfords. They do c.v joint grease in a tub made by 'coma' and it's a white tub with a red screw on lid. Get that. Then pop a fistful in with it. I found the Halfords clamp s**t and ordered a mikalor one myself.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
From experience go to your nearest Halfords. They do c.v joint grease in a tub made by 'coma' and it's a white tub with a red screw on lid. Get that. Then pop a fistful in with it. I found the Halfords clamp s**t and ordered a mikalor one myself.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I was looking ecp or b&q for the clamp then Halfords for the grease.