ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Call Of Duty ~ Advanced Warfare

The reveal trailer;

Release date - 04/11/14.

I do play COD but I pretty much lost all interest after COD 4. I think they are going the wrong way in the timeline, I'd like to see them do a WWII game. I hope this game will be good on the new consoles, but we shall see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
COD and battle field both need to do an old game.

All this futuristic warefare is boring
back to basics with the m1/ Thompson ect is what I want!

I do hope they make a new game rather then just recycling older games with new guns and maps to make easy money.

COD and battle field both need to do an old game.

All this futuristic warefare is boring
back to basics with the m1/ Thompson ect is what I want!

I think they'd lose the main audience somewhat - Kids

I completely agree though, my most favourite game was COD5/World at War.

A lot more simple too as kill streaks were the same for everyone and the maps were a lot more realistic.

It's gone downhill for the older audience (20+) IMO

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Battlefeild had it a cracking goo in bad co 2. The vietnam package was brilliant.

Ive stopped playing COD after cod 4 and modern warfare 2.

Think I preferred medal of honour

RB 182
I called this probably about 3 years ago that once people started to catch on that all CoD were the same they would try for an Advanced warfare, back then i thought it would be along the lines of tom clancy kind of idea but obvisoly more hi tech stuff thrown in

Imagine what Battlefield could do making a WWII game on the new consoles. It would be a right hoot with spitfire's, bombers, panzer and tiger tanks, proper mortars, 88mm canons, tommy guns etc.

Edit: Just had a thought. What about a current era game but based on the war in Afghan? Same weapons, equipment, artillery :cool:

Last edited:
The thing with old warfare is obviously the guns were a lot more simple, therefore less attachments, so less unlocks, which I guess doesn't cater for the audience

Futuristic warfare really doesn't appeal to me, much as I enjoyed BF2142, but used to love the old school COD1/2, and BF1942 on pc.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty sure that's what the last medal of honor was. Remember it getting some stick in the press

It did I bought it, EA don't help themselves releasing half finished games and taking an age to patch them. Left time I turned it on there was no server to play in online, it was only 6 months old. EA really need to make sure a game works before releasing, it takes the piss from what i've seen over they years.

Pretty sure that's what the last medal of honor was. Remember it getting some stick in the press

And yet Call of Duty Ghosts was largely well received by critics, despite it being both a technical and intellectual embarrassment. MoH was far from perfect, but it was a whole lot better than Ghosts. By a factor of about a trillion. The majority of the press can't be trusted.

I'll be going nowhere near this new game.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Lost interest in COD games since the first Black Ops. It became impossible to get good but really easy to get kills if you don't know what you're doing. They also introduced some sort of lag compensation which was annoying.
They need to go back to the basics of COD 4 with a complete new engine.

Clio MK3
Was hoping for another world at war, that COD had my attention for the longest. Have not bought the Ghosts, but might be interested in purchasing this one depending on graphics are like on the new consoles.

Mito Sportiva 135
I actually like the idea of modern futuristic warfare but think the whole FPS genre is about to implode in on itself.

Too much of a good thing can make even the greatest things turn sour - an Activision run the risk of totally running the franchise dry. A better model would be 1 release every 2 or even 3 years with new updates/DLC to the core game.

For example Street Fighter. After about 20 years since SF2 was released there have only been 2 sequels, but they then launch new editions (Super, Ultra etc) which augment and fine-tune the core game - and always great value (e.g. SF4 is going to be about £20 for a retail release, which includes SF4, Super and Ultra).

Futuristic warfare sounds interesting, but all it really boils down to is a few new guns and killstreaks.

I hope with the new team it'll be worth a look.

I still play CoD now, but it's the only MP game I pick up when I fancy an easy play.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Allegedly a new engine...

Ghosts had a too complicated system for multiplayer. Was nonsense tbh... Far too complicated with making your own soldier.

They need to go back to the basics of what made it play well in the original COD modern warfare. Simple multiplayer game play.

for me MW2 was the peak for multiplayer madness but can understand why some didn't like it. MW3 was more like MW2.5 and i had a hoot on that but they fucked up big time on the match making imo.

Ghosts has been pretty horrible though, ps3 version was slow and they defo made it grey. PS4 version seemed much brighter and quicker.

Overall if it is like ghosts i will be disappointed.

Evo 5 RS
It is a new engine. In the sense it's not built on the old one anymore lol. This one is based on Id tech 5. Which is the engine that powered RAGE. The previous games were all powered on ID tech 3 which powered Quake 3 lol. Albeit obviously heavily modified.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I've bought every CoD since 3. They have gotten gradually worse and worse - the original Black Ops was the last good CoD for online play. I don't even play the new ones, they're utterly woeful.

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
I don't like the fact that you can just "buy" any gun when you have the points.
Anyone know if you are unlocking stuff with points or level ups?

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
Anyone else get the day zero edition? I'm liking it better than Ghosts and if you're used to Titan fall the jumping around isn't so bad.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Same old shite and the jumping was getting on my nerves.

Something new needs to be brought to the table or at least something mildly interesting.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Everything after MW2 is utter shite. I was playing MW2 earlier on 360, brilliant fun.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
There's classic playlists without the exo jumping, but the maps are designed with it in mind, so they don't work that well.