ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Call of Duty - Black Ops 2?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'll be getting this today. Didn't LOVE Blops 1 but it was ok. MW3 is shite so I'm hoping this is a lot better.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
thing is, i think cod is great. but they dont do much different every time the lauch a new game. just a few different maps and a few slight changes such as perks, weapons etc but overall its still the same game. For a few months im like addicted to the game then just lose interest and stop playing it. Done it with black ops, mw2, mw3 and probably this one aswell :p people add me on xbox though as will be good to have some games with some of you off here! - jordanb29 :)

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
I think they have done well with this game tbh.

I mean its a war style shoot em up, how different can they make it from the previous one??
They have thrown in some fun games like gun game sharp shooter etc so not sure what people want when they say they are disappointed "same old same old"...

FF 182
Got this myself last night on PS3 only played 3 games online and had no problems at all. Need to get used to the Maps though as i'm getting decked at the moment by campers!

Fiesta ST-2
Said I wouldn't, but I think it's a case of my mind telling me me no... But my body, my body telling me yeaheaah!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
It's not actually crap online is it? If it was it wouldn't be getting rave reviews.

In my opinion, COD multiplayer isn't very good. In my opinion, it's worth playing for the campaign and zombies / survival.

Not a 320d
In my opinion, COD multiplayer isn't very good. In my opinion, it's worth playing for the campaign and zombies / survival.

Treyarch actually managed to create a decent story line. the engine is tired and out dated now. Time they started form scratch.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
So people can claim the new one is s**t? Keep improving the game that is already at the top it's game, shooters like this can't touch Cod, the sales speak for themselves.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Yep they definitely need to put the DOOM engine to bed. Bf3 makes it look like pong in comparison. Not like they don't have the money to do it, it's just greed and milking it for everything it's worth.

Mito Sportiva 135
So people can claim the new one is s**t? Keep improving the game that is already at the top it's game, shooters like this can't touch Cod, the sales speak for themselves.

Because something is popular it makes it good then, in virtue of that??!

I used to love COD but even with the 'innovations' I am bored to tears of it.

At the same time though can't blame Activision...people do buy it by the million so no point changing a popular formula.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Because something is popular it makes it good then, in virtue of that??!

I used to love COD but even with the 'innovations' I am bored to tears of it.

At the same time though can't blame Activision...people do buy it by the million so no point changing a popular formula.

Very true m8. If you rehash the same stuff and people still buy it in droves, why stop rehashing?! :)

Love the campaigns. Love the co-op. Love the zombie mode. The bit left over just isn't for me.

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
The last thing in COD which I played and thought 'wow this is quality' was the coop on MW2. Have such great memories of that game...but BoPs didn't have the same spark for me, and when I loaded MW3 I thought to myself 'this is exactly the same as MW2' and traded it in.

Not saying I'll never buy the franchise again but other games I want to play over Christmas, like X Com, Halo 4 and (more!) Borderlands 2.

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v

True, for what it is, it's the best.
BF an COD shouldn't be compared, it's like comparing Forza Ms and need for speed, they are 2 totally different experiences.
I get frustrated with both Cod and Bf, for different reasons.
Nothing more satisfying than popping a headshot with a marksman score of 400+ in BF, but then those sorts of shots can be few and far between!
Cod is great, the consumer knows the tired old engine and it works, so I think they've done the right thing.
Change it too much and lose your loyal fan base...

I'm enjoying it so far, I like the maps Raid and the train one, boat one is pretty good too!
I think it's Meltdown I'm not too keen on...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I loved BF too, they are in no ways comparable. Cod is very much pick up and play (to a point).

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I loved BF too, they are in no ways comparable. Cod is very much pick up and play (to a point).

I agree. But say you buy each BF and COD game three months after their release, and I think its easier to do well in the BF game from n00b-zero status, than it is with COD. In BF, you can actually 'contribute' more to the team from a very early stage. With COD, you definitely feel that if you miss that initial wave of 10+hour playing sessions, then the unlock tree just leaves you so far behind. Made worse by the fact that the maps could fit on a 5-a-side pitch.

As Oli says - they are two totally different games. BF is more serious (for now, but increasingly not so) and COD more arcadey. They appeal to different target markets, but the latter for me is definitely the weaker series of the two.

D.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I think they appeal to exactly the same people. Lol I only buy those 2 games a year and friends who I play with are the same people so I'd def say the same people are playing both games. So are comparable IMO.

Mito Sportiva 135
When MW2 and BC2 came out, I found the latter really hard to get into. But after a week of playing both, I found the latter much more rewarding and more memorable - both are good games in their own way just depends what you want though.

I think maybe I just ended up getting too stressed with all the crazy killstreaks in the end!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I suppose but they are imo 2 different genres of shooter so to speak.

The new Cods are trying to make it more fair.

For eg in this one you can level up very quickly to 10 in a training bit with other new players so you're not thrown in with the nerds who have prestige'd by the time the sun came up on Tuesday morning.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Kill confirmed is good for getting points.

I quite like it and hopefully when I get my head round it will get more into it.

I don't like the gun sounds though. Not as satisfying as mw2/3.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Not bad so far..... Graphics don't seem as good as MW3 seems a bit dated now!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Few good games there on Domination. Lots of pointstreaks!

Don't understand the little drone thing that you throw as a paper aeroplane!

Uav assist points are clever. Very impressed.

9y7ajama.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I don't understand the poor graphics comments unless you mean single player. The hardware is holder hat now.

As for multiplayer there isn't even 2 seconds to look around at the pretty buildings!

Never above 25mpg
I was so up for getting this but I haven't touched my Xbox for a game in about 6 weeks and I simply don't have the zen to deal with the spawn killing and quickscoping.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I was so up for getting this but I haven't touched my Xbox for a game in about 6 weeks and I simply don't have the zen to deal with the spawn killing and quickscoping.

Why do people let that affect the game. I haven't been killed by either in 5 hours of gaming.

I hadn't played the 360 for longer than 6 weeks. Just when I take a fancy.

White APE
Few good games there on Domination. Lots of pointstreaks!

Don't understand the little drone thing that you throw as a paper aeroplane!

Uav assist points are clever. Very impressed.

9y7ajama.jpg

Hunter killer drones. Throw them up in the air and they will fly around and lock onto an enemy then swoop down and explode on them.