ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Apparently quoting reveals spoilers :cautious:

@Cub. Did you complete it on novice?

Yeah, novice or “normal”. The second setting.

I like doing that the first time I play as it’s more relaxed / let’s me enjoy the story at pace / enjoy the levels and graphics etc.

It also let’s me then play it again on the hardest setting to “grind it out” and get a second run through of the campaign / play it differently.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
After all my protesting that I wouldn’t buy the £60-70 game

I ordered a new ps5 Mw2 bundle…

Attachments

• 44410C9F-5F44-4C9D-8E0B-B5F9E73E9495.jpeg
    44410C9F-5F44-4C9D-8E0B-B5F9E73E9495.jpeg
    19.9 KB · Views: 24

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah, novice or “normal”. The second setting.

I like doing that the first time I play as it’s more relaxed / let’s me enjoy the story at pace / enjoy the levels and graphics etc.

It also let’s me then play it again on the hardest setting to “grind it out” and get a second run through of the campaign / play it differently.

Unsure why that’s funny @Bertie Smalls ?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Interestingly on “performance” graphics settings the stutter lag I’ve been having has made the game unplayable. I’ve read online it may be something to do with playing through battlenet vs steam download, where it’s more stable.

I solved it by switching the graphics settings to Visual Quality as opposed to “Performance”.

Ah I did choose the quality one from get go but then went in and changed a few things myself. Only issue I've noticed is when I die sometimes just briefly when it reloads from the checkpoint the game stutters pretty bad. Wonder if it's a specific setting that's causing it but not been a huge issue. Really impressed by the visuals though.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Ah I did choose the quality one from get go but then went in and changed a few things myself. Only issue I've noticed is when I die sometimes just briefly when it reloads from the checkpoint the game stutters pretty bad. Wonder if it's a specific setting that's causing it but not been a huge issue. Really impressed by the visuals though.

Yeah, even on “visual quality” setting it stuttered on load up / first 30 seconds of a reload or so.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just finished it. Enjoyed it for the most part.
As @Cub. Says, flits between ultra realistic and batshit bonkers at times.

Couple of missions annoyed me:

Overwatch one with the gunship. I am far too quick to just go gung ho. Had to start over a fair few times for killing civilians/ blowing up buildings.

"Violence and timing " took me f**king ages. Controls in that mission felt clunky. Or it could have been the 5+ beers I had last night...

No Russian

Edit.
Some stuttering of visuals on PS5. Was running close to 120fps when I checked on the TV. Bringing the gun up made it stutter quite a lot at times.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Just finished it. Enjoyed it for the most part.
As @Cub. Says, flits between ultra realistic and batshit bonkers at times.

Couple of missions annoyed me:

Overwatch one with the gunship. I am far too quick to just go gung ho. Had to start over a fair few times for killing civilians/ blowing up buildings.

"Violence and timing " took me f**king ages. Controls in that mission felt clunky. Or it could have been the 5+ beers I had last night...

No Russian

Edit.
Some stuttering of visuals on PS5. Was running close to 120fps when I checked on the TV. Bringing the gun up made it stutter quite a lot at times.

Careful, the “campaign police” will be along to tell you you aren’t playing it right soon. 👀

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be replaying it again this week I think. Trying for some trophies but very much doubt I'll bother with the mental difficulty tbh.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Another thing I found, the enemy AI was pretty good. They didn’t just stand there waiting to be shot.

But the teammate AI was atrocious. They’d just let the enemy walk past them straight up to you, without even attempting to shoot them 😂😂

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Played through 12 missions on this today and I’m enjoying it so far.

As others have said - it looks very good with everything turned up.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Freakish.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Finished it tonight guess I need to try harder though if this was all I could achieve along the way. Might try run a few back and try get them done I think I was close to getting a few others but wasn't really aware of these until completing the game otherwise probably would have made more of an effort. Overall though I really enjoyed it and think the game looked great. Looking forward to MP and WZ 2 now.

SmartSelect_20221025_045801_Gallery.jpg

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
First COD campaign I've played in a while, think it was only about 7hrs playtime (including many retries of a certain mission in a skyscraper) but it was pretty enjoyable, good to have some alternate gameplay to the online stuff, although know it won't get a look-in come Friday.

Even compared to Cold War the graphics seem siiiick although may have to drop the graphics to get dem FPSz online

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
£70 on PS store geez... plus I don't game online. Is it worth buying for the single campaign alone? Played plenty of CoD in the past, but not for years.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't spend £70 just for the campaign. It's good but I will spendotr time on MP than on the new Warzone (probably)

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
£70 on PS store geez... plus I don't game online. Is it worth buying for the single campaign alone? Played plenty of CoD in the past, but not for years.
If you’re only buying it for the campaign then it’s definitely not worth £70. Pick it up cheaper at a later date.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I gotta wait for my ps5/cod bundle to be delivered yet… ready to be shipped apparently, should roll up friday then I’ll look forward to the 10101018473 gig updates and 6283877273gig game download.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I think everyone swiped past this before the punchline. Shoulda editted it more concisely.