ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 3 public Beta

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Thought I would start a new thread instead of posting in the other one, because if you are like me I don't check that thread regularly.

In case you didn't know, there will be a Battlefield 3 public beta, available on all platforms, from the 29th of September until the 10th October.

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/beta

THE OPEN BETA STARTS SEPTEMBER 29TH ON XBOX 360, PLAYSTATION 3, AND PC. THOSE THAT HAVE ALREADY PRE-ORDERED THE PC DIGITAL DOWNLOAD VERSION OF BATTLEFIELD 3 THROUGH ORIGIN OR OWN THE LIMITED/TIER 1 EDITION OF MEDAL OF HONOR FOR XBOX 360, PLAYSTATION 3 OR PC, WILL HAVE EARLY ACCESS STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 27TH. THE OPEN BETA ENDS ON OCTOBER 10TH.

One map (Metro) one game mode (Rush) but it will still be epic.

:D

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Sweet, so we get it on the 1st? Or they get it in the 27th?

Will it be for a day? In away from the 30th ffs!

Is it open to everyone?

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Seen this on my Twitter feed earlier.

Loved the Alpha, so looking forward to a less-glitchy beta :). Very good game.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Sweet, so we get it on the 1st? Or they get it in the 27th?

Will it be for a day? In away from the 30th ffs!

Is it open to everyone?

THE OPEN BETA STARTS SEPTEMBER 29TH ON XBOX 360, PLAYSTATION 3, AND PC. THOSE THAT HAVE ALREADY PRE-ORDERED THE PC DIGITAL DOWNLOAD VERSION OF BATTLEFIELD 3 THROUGH ORIGIN OR OWN THE LIMITED/TIER 1 EDITION OF MEDAL OF HONOR FOR XBOX 360, PLAYSTATION 3 OR PC, WILL HAVE EARLY ACCESS STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 27TH. THE OPEN BETA ENDS ON OCTOBER 10TH.

See first post quote.

Nice, will try this out, when I get back on 1st.

See if it can pull me away from COD this year, as deep down I know it's a better game.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Nice, will try this out, when I get back on 1st.

See if it can pull me away from COD this year, as deep down I know it's a better game.

I think that's the main problem they will face. It is and we all know it a "better" game in terms of engine/depth/how much you can do etc but COD just has such a huge fan base already that dont want to "learn" again which is fair enough.

Which is probably the reason they don't make any radical changes.

I think the majority of converts will be the ones that are now bored of the CoD series.

Eitherway I can't wait for this, and CoD's single player tbh.

Last edited:
  328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I am excited about both.

People say COD is boring, but it has such a massive fanbase as spiezels says, why on earth would they drastically change it? This is what you need if it has grown a bit stale.

Game of the year IMO.

BG 182FF
COD has grown stale for me. I massively looking forward to BF3.

I actually got to play MW3 and BF3 last weekend at Gamefest, and this just confirmed my excitement for Battlefield, and confirmed that MW3 is little more than new maps.

BG 182FF
It was so good. Only got 15 min on it, i think the map was metro and the game type was rush, its was loads of fun. Ive not been a big battlefield player, been into COD. i had BF2 on PC back in the day, and played the bad company 2 demo for a few weeks, other than that ive been a bit modern warfare and black ops fan.

The visuals look like they do on pc but at a lower resolution ( so there is a noticeable difference to all the videos you've seen online) but the game sill looks gorgeous. Much nicer then the "Paris" map i played from MW2. I started of in a big park, then pushed forward to a subway, this took the full 15 min, and i think this wasn't the entire map (i think about half as we got to the second set of points to attack, i assume theirs 3), so you can get the idea of the scale. I think they said all maps are 24 players, which is cool although its 64 on pc, which will be epic.

It feels like it more of a war game, like your really just a small part of a big battle. it seems a bit harder to kill people, and be killed yourself, but this could be cos i was crap. their quite a bit of recoil on the guns, its feels dirty and gritty, as opposed to the arcade feel of COD. this is the kind of game where you don't wanna rush in, you take your time, think what your doing and play as a team

Last edited:
  Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Nice One.

Sounds like they've kept the right bits from BC2 then.

Literally pissing my pants with excitement for jets and a Warthog. MINT

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
YOU CAN PLAY FOR AS LONG AS YOU WANT DURING THE TIME OF THE BETA. THERE WILL BE NO CAP ON HOW FAR YOU CAN RANK UP OR WHAT YOU CAN UNLOCK. HOWEVER, WE ARE STILL FINE TUNING THE RANKING SYSTEM AND WE DON’T WANT TO GIVE BETA PLAYERS AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE WHEN BATTLEFIELD 3 LAUNCHES, SO ALL STATS WILL RESET TO ZERO FOR THE FINAL RETAIL.

Day before Fifa 12 comes out. Bah. Still, should be awesome.