ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Calling all Monaco lovers!

172, Focus
Just a few pics of my days work giving the Monaco some love :p

DSCF0213.jpg

DSCF0211.jpg

DSCF0209.jpg

DSCF0200.jpg

Some pics of the Renaultsport flag graphics I've added to the rear quarter panels, you can't quite see it in the pics but it says Renaultsport on the side skirt ( where you'd see the trophy sticker on a, um, 182 trophy )

DSCF0201.jpg

DSCF0205.jpg

The main reason I stuck these on was to cover a scratch I couldn't buff out on the drivers side ;)

DSCF0198.jpg

DSCF0191.jpg

Gave the interior a could clean out. Removed all the rear seats and thoroughly cleaned in there, applied plenty of waxoyl around the inner of the rear arches and down the sills ( access through removal of rear quarter interior trims ) refitted it all after.

DSCF0192.jpg

Spruce up for the spare!

DSCF0208.jpg

Love it!
Cleaning gear used was mainly meguires.
Ordered a Skoda Fabia VRS front spoiler today too, hopefully slip that on next weekend.

Thanks for looking, opinions welcome.

172, Focus
Cheers bud, just wished i had a better location to take pics, didn't want to take it on the road and scum it up before i took pics

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
I have a monaco too an i love the colour! few things i can suggest... Iridium blue or silvtec indiactors, clear side repeaters, bee sting ariel and in my mind lose the stickers and save to get it repaired.

172, Focus
It did have silvatec indicators when i bought it but i took them out as i prefer the orange, stickers are pretty marmite but they are so dark you hardly notice them in the flesh.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice honest example. I'm a big fan of Monaco especially with some mods.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just a nice colour. I remember Richy's looking immense.

I need to get my hands on an RB to detail.

172, Focus
I just put sport lines on mine and they have settled now, made a bit of a difference tbh.

That looks like a new steering wheel? Or refurbed?

Yes its a new steering wheel, fitted by one the previous owners.
A couple guys at work have 182's and both of them have worn steering wheels, that would do my head in!

As for the lowering suggestions I agree it would look better but, if i want a hard ride I'll just use my Type-R thanks!
One of the main reasons I love this car is for its relative comfort.
IMHO a proper hot hatch should be easy to live with everyday and able to put a smile on your face when your in the mood but settle back down when you just want to get somewhere. Something that this car does perfectly for me.

Mk2 Ph2 172
I agree that's what I like about the one I just bought... It has surprised me how well they go, how comfortable they are and also the mpg is bloody fantastic lol (coming from owning recently an M3 and R32)

But you get all this and with not losing the feel of a hot hatch and it's easy to live with!!!

The clio reminds me of my fiesta rs turbos I use to have but not as raw and more reliable Hopefuly, Which were great fun little cars to throw about.

To say I'm impressed with the 172 is an understatement.

Mine came with a omp steering wheel but I'm going to go back to oem as I would like an air bag just incase the misses drivers it ;)

Focus
Looking absolutely stunning mate, makes me regret selling it even more now!

You know where I am if you want to sell her.:rasp:

172, Focus
Thought you'd like a update.
No plans on selling just yet, totally loving it though.
I'm planning on getting a 172 cup as a restoration project and in 2 minds about changing my Type-R for a 182 Trophy.
choices choices.