ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt, dephaser, aux and new cams tools needed for job?

As above, I just bought a new Clio 172 (2nd Clio) to turn into dedicated track car. It needs the cambelt, dephaser, aux done, and I am planning on putting some 438 cat cams in it also.

Before anyone says, I completely understand the difficulty of doing the cambelt, but this isn't going to be a rushed job and probably full engine out the car with lots of space, so nothing to worry about.

All I am wondering is what are the exact tools we need to get the job done? I know roughly what they are, but understand there all have certain numbers identifying them. Also wondering where about I source genuine renault ones? As I've read the laser tools ones can bend.

Thanks in advance.

Bonus question (hahaha): Are 438 catcams the best option to run on the stock ECU?

Edit: found a guide with all the tools needed listed on it, so know what to get.

Does anyone know if you can still get the tools direct from renault? Or do I have to wait until someone is selling them...

Trackslag172

ClioSport Club Member
  03 Clio 172
I also have a 172 dedicated track car and just logged on to ask exactly this question, cheers.

Trackslag172

ClioSport Club Member
  03 Clio 172
Edit: found a guide with all the tools needed listed on it, so know what to get.

Does anyone know if you can still get the tools direct from renault? Or do I have to wait until someone is selling them...

Can you link to the guide please mate, trying to see if this is a task I am capable of doing.
Cheers

Thanks a lot man! Exactly what I'm looking for!

Can you link to the guide please mate, trying to see if this is a task I am capable of doing.
Cheers
Yeah, no problem man.

It's actually guide for a 182, but as far as I know it's pretty much exactly the same.

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/cambelt-auxbelt-dephaser-pulley-guide.437872/

dan's cast offs.
isn't there something wrong with the guide? sure someone said about it? am far to lazy to read through it though:wink: