ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Just wondering where the cheapest place is to have a cambelt fitted around cheshire? ABP quoted me around £270 labour then the kit ontop.

Seems a good price and they are a very good garage too, always took my type r there as the specailise in them.

Also wheres the best place to getb the kit from??

Focus ST
How many hours labour do they usually charge?

I need to get some quotes from local garages as my car is on 52k

SchwepTek™
How many hours labour do they usually charge?

I need to get some quotes from local garages as my car is on 52k

Its 72k miles or 5 years for a cambelt mate!

Seeing as you have a 172 cup, the latest ones were 53plate meaning that they are now due for a 5 year cambelt change!

Aux belt should be changed at the same time too.

Focus ST
AUX belt has already been done on mine mate

So i should be looking to get the cambelt done asap? I'll get some prices

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
I think you need to remove the aux anyway Tupps. Could be wrong but I'd get the aux done anyway for peace of mind. It won't be much more to do both

Monaco 172
i had my aux and cam belts done at Birchdown today. Really friendly guys who really know what they're doing. I highly recommend them. They charge about £470 all in

182kev

AUX belt has already been done on mine mate

So i should be looking to get the cambelt done asap? I'll get some prices

best price i got within the newcastle area was actually renault,they quoted £550 all in and thats with a courtesy car

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Unless it's very recent, i'd get the accessory belt changed at the same time, along with the tensioner.

Mondeo TDCI 130
i had my aux and cam belts done at Birchdown today. Really friendly guys who really know what they're doing. I highly recommend them. They charge about £470 all in

Cheers mate, glad your happy!

If your cup is a MANS cup with no air con, it will be considrable cheaper, and aux belt is abot £12 instead of £100 plus for a start, and there is less labour involved mate!

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph

If your cup is a MANS cup with no air con, it will be considrable cheaper, and aux belt is abot £12 instead of £100 plus for a start, and there is less labour involved mate!

Yeah mans cup mate lol.

PM'd

Z4

I've got a mans cup too lol, how much would I be looking at for a ball park figure for cam belt/aux change?

BMW F21 125d
Birchdown are far cheaper than ABP. I recently had my 24k service and brakes supplied and fitted by Birchdown and they were easily £80 or so cheaper than ABP in Shavington, ABP are ok for parts, but they sting you on the labour.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Birchdown are far cheaper than ABP. I recently had my 24k service and brakes supplied and fitted by Birchdown and they were easily £80 or so cheaper than ABP in Shavington, ABP are ok for parts, but they sting you on the labour.

Also dont deal with Renaults a lot. Deal more with Honda iirc. With the Birchdown Kevs, they are Ex Renault Techs, and both own 172's. Win win!!

Caterham R400
Does anybody know what the cambelt change interval is for the 182 RS engine? Is it the same as the 172 ie 72k or 5 years?
Bob

Caterham R400
Does the auxiliary belt need special tools like the cambelt does? How difficult a job is it? I have done cambelts before.