ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camber on (J) 1.8 16v Clio

Ok let me tell you what I did, Iam 33 and still drive like a tw*t :D

I took a bend to quick and clipped a kirb, so I knew id fooked summit.

Replaced alloy, which I have 3 spare now if anyone needs one ;)

Replaced wishbone (didnt have to but it was old anyway)

Replaced trackrod end (that was fooked, bent it :D )

Had it laser tracked so its bob on.

But it still drifts, had a look at the wheels at the weekend and the side I hit and the cambers fooked to, so before I start again this weekend I was after some ideas on what parts dictate the camber. Iam going to check the shocker and spring as that all I thing changes the camber but is there anything else.

When you had it laser tracked did you not see how much the camber was out ?? My laser trackers can tell me my camber on each side !! K-tec do camber correcting bolts which you can have adjusted on a laser tracker so all is pukker !!

Is the car lowered ?? As this usually has an effect on the camber !!

V6

Spooky! I have exactly the same problem on my Willy 2. I Have changed the wishbone, suspension leg and realigned all wheels yet it still drifts to the left (front left wheel damaged). Like you its the camber that needs adjusting/fixing but not sure where to start. Any help would be appreciated. Lego, I will keep you posted of any development my end.

Craig, when I got it tracked it was at my mates garage so FOC, and thats when he told me the camber was out. And yes its lowered 30mm :) not alot I know, but lower. well at the front anyway, havent got to the rear yet.

I have a sneaky feeling that I my have fooked my shocker or maybe bust a coil of my spring. So if its dry here tonight Ill take a look and post later Rossco.

Summit similar happened before with the the original springs, thats why I replace them with the uprated lowered ones.

Thanks for the replies.

Liam

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Drift to one side you will probably find is related to rear toe in which cannot be adjusted. When mine was laser aligned it was found rear right had more toe in than rear left, hence a pull to the left.

Well in my case it does drift left, but you can clearly see that the camber is a mile out. Left wheels nice and straight, right wheels top side is under the arch by at least an inch more

V6

Mine is the left front wheel that is under about an inch at the bottom, thus pulling to the left. Really pissing me off now, apparently you get through a tyre after 500 miles! on the wheel that is out.

I found that the from the bracket at the base of the shocker, the bit that connects to the hub was bent about 8mm from being straight.

So basically I fooked my shocker too :(