ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camber, tyre wear & use of bolts??

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
Hello all!

Ive had a search about but couldnt find anything useful as everything just said don't bother for road use or it will increase tyre wear...

My problem being, my tyre wear on the insides in ridiculous. Got new rubber today and on the old ones ive never seen insides of tyre deteriorate so quickly...?! The guys popped it on the laser tracker and instantly said it was way out. So before I run these new ones in too much, i'd like to sort the problem.

The car is lowered and not currently on camber bolts so the problem needs to be adjusted. Could it be anything else in the steering system that could cause the neg. camber before i go ahead and get the bolts?

Any input would be much appreciated,
thanks in advance.
D

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
Just got them to stick it on out of curiosity as I didn't have the time to get it done... And stupidly didnt ask what was out, they jus said "its way out".
I can take it in again to get it done as I want it done anyway, just wondered if it was worth getting the camber bolts and then tracking done. Although just had a read up on toe and they say neg camber usually causes consistent even wear to the tyre whereas toe out will cause excessive wear to the very inner part of the tyre...

Moral of the story is, you guys are probably right and I need to get my tracking done first!
Cheers!

WRX
Most places will only look at toe, so chances are that's what they were saying. If you just asked for tracking/alignment then that's what you get.