ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cams selected, Cat 420's.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Spoke to Ben R at AngelWorks today.

Opting for Cat 420's as opposed to 428's.

The 420's so I'm told will offer greater low down gains over the O.E.M. cams which is something I feel the 182 lacks.

I liked the idea of the sort of v-tech characteristics of 428's but didn't wish to lose any low down power.

Since the car won't see much track usage the 420's should be more suited to road driving.

Anybody else using them in their 182's? If so a definate pleasing increase of power over standard?

Thanks.:)

M

mini-valver

Good choice mate, you wont be dissapointed. 428's would be abit peaky for a town/B road car IMO.....

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
^ Both Ben R and Paul at RS tuning said this.

You're using the 420's yourself?

Just didn't want to lose any low down torque, which well may occur if 428's are used.

Looking to get the cams, inlets and re-map for late April early May.

Can't wait.:)

RS RIP
how much are the cams? are they a direct replacement for the std cams, ie nothing else has to be changed?

Check Cat Cams, pricelist in euros

runs on OEM everything... though you need to get your inlets matched for maximum profit. Engine will need more air/fuel , uprated airfilter recommended also