ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can 182 (non cup packed) and 172 Cup hubs be swapped over?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
No offset difference in any of the hubs as far as im aware.

I measured Ph1 172 hubs against 182 cup packed, and the offset was the same.

What contributes to offset of ET38.5 on the 172 cups then chip? Reason I ask is trying to get some 2110's for my 182 but they only come in ET35 which I think will cause problems with scrubbing. I thought (guessed) if you swapped the hubs this might help, or is more complicated?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I dont think you will get any scrubbing with those mate, a lot of people run 15mm spacers without a problem on the front.

Its the rear you will struggle with, the 182 bear is wider due to thicker stub axles.

Where would you say it'd cause problems? Would it be the position of the wheel in relation to the archliner or the body work? I'm guessing it might rub somehow but looking at it I'm not sure where.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Rear arch metal work is where you might get issues, depends on how low your car is.

Front arch liners also if quite low.

Thanks Chip, I'll have to think on, only problem is i'd have to buy the bloody things + tyres and fit it and then i'd find out theres a problem!!! I've PM'd BlackGold off of here as he has owned some 2110's on a cup and might have experience of them on 182's. Cheers for your help.