ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can I put a 2.0L performance exhaust on a 1.2/1.4 clio mk3?

Clio
Looking at buying a 1.2/1.4 clio mk3 and want to change the exhaust. I am not concerned about perforance just the noise. I have searched for after market perforance exhaust and have struggled to find anything. There are plenty of exhausts for RS and 197 but I was hoping someone would be able to tell me what would happen if i put one of these on to a 1.2/1.4.

Iceberg PH1 172
Try googling 'custom exhaust (your nearest large city/town)' in your local area. You may have someone closeby.

It should be a relatively easy job for them for a catback system. Few hundred quid maybe.

Alternatively, there must be a backbox
you could buy from ebay for sub 100 quid just for noise.

Clio
So go for a smaller backbox rather than larger? Is there any sort of basic tips for making exhausts loud?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Cut out all the boxes so it sounds like a fart in a drainpipe.

Kids love that.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yea but totes gets you a smelly finger in McD's car park, so worth it.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Get an induction kit/cone filter. Gives you a deep accelerating noise without any exhaust fart and will be cheaper. Get good cold air flow to it and you won't lose any performance either.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Save your money and use it to buy a proper car later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

Or, just get a local exhaust place to knock you up a stainless system with no silencers.

I'd 100% recommend just fitting good tyres, good brakes, good suspension if you really must and save money for a sportier car.

I wasted so much money on my old 1.4, and just after I 'finished' it, I found I could insure a 197 for a little extra... So I'd just spent the best part of £2k 'modding' a slow car and got next to nothing back to put towards the 197