ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can petrol be syphened out of the tank! HELP!

Megane Cabriolet D+
This is the second time my car has been targeted by someone not wanting to pay at the fuel station for petrol and is wanting to steal mine.

Got up this morning and when i went to the car i noticed my petrol cap was on the floor behind the car, sussed out immediatly that the t**ts have tried again at my petrol but luckily for me there wasnt enough for them to steal! (was hovernig above red the night before) so i checked the fuel level and it hasnt gone down.

But the worrying thought is that the last time they tried, they tried to pry off the cap and managed to break it but leave the barrell still in place, this time they have managed to take the cap off completley.

Can i buy a new petrol cap that cant be opened with my car key, im kinda guessing that they have a key like mine and thats how their getting the cap off.

How daft of Renault is it for them to have a universal barrell on the petrol cap!!!!

Ive spoke to the neighbours over the road and they have cctv facing onto their front porch, but if they pan it up enough they can get a clear shot at my car, so im hoping the t**ts come back later tonight for some more.

I checked my car over and theres no damage, which is good, just cant believe that they have targeted my car a second time.

Any ideas on what i can/should do?

Not even worth ringing the police unless i get some kind of CCTV or they acutally catching them doing it.

Just really annoyed by it...........

Megane Cabriolet D+
My cars got an alarm on it so i guess thats stopping them from stealing the car, but the thing is this is the 2nd time they have tried and still havent got any petrol from it.

Hope they give it up as a bad job to be honest.

BMW M135i
I wouldn't worry about them stealing the car, as unless there serious pros they won't be able to start the car with the key. The factory immobilser is very good.

Clio Sport 182
It would be so funny if you could connect up a second tank full of pi** so when they tried to syphon it they got a mouthful.

White R26/Stripped Valver
how pikey can you get lol. I like the piss idea, although I could think of far better things to fill the tank with :nono:

Can i buy a new petrol cap that cant be opened with my car key, im kinda guessing that they have a key like mine and thats how their getting the cap off.

How daft of Renault is it for them to have a universal barrell on the petrol cap!!!!.
Its not a universal barrel. Just so happen I bet someone key is like yours.

Go to a scrap yard and get another cap of another Clios of the same type.

How daft of Renault is it for them to have a universal barrell on the petrol cap!!!!.
Its not a universal barrel. Just so happen I bet someone key is like yours.

Go to a scrap yard and get another cap of another Clios of the same type.

yes it is surely?? my key can open ANY other (same model) petrol caps...

FACT

Megane Cabriolet D+
this is my second petrol cap, but im thinking of getting one that uses a different key, if i can get one that is.

Ive tried my key with another clio petrol cap and it works ok, same as using my mates key to open my petrol cap.

So i just assumed that the barrels are universal

320d
what a wierd thing to steal. So much more hassle than its worth. hope you catch them mate.

well if petrols 99.9p per liter and you've just filled up you'll have 50 liters in so if they steal 40 liters its like £40.

my grandad has has thousands of liters of diesel stolen from his cement mixer over the years to the point where he oput of his own pocket (owner driver) and other drivers had to club together for a big compound in their yard so that pikeys, texi drivers etc cannot have them off. they one caught a taxi driver because the numpty left a trail of diesel right to his flat pmsl.

White R26/Stripped Valver
Should start making alarm systems for petrol caps with the ongoing price rises in petrol.

BG 182
i noticed some replacement locking fuel caps in halfords, they had 4 or 5 kinds and they said universal on them, they may be just as s#it as the renault ones tho if all halfords caps have the same key.