ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cant be overtaken by a Clio....

Civic Type-R
I get this sometimes when I overtake slow ass people doing 40 in a 60. They flash me so I just give them the fingers. Once overtook a Mk1 Clio on the way home from the gym who was doing 40 in a 60 and he flashed me so I slammed on my brakes and proceeded to do 10mph for about the next 10miles. Think he got quite annoyed :) Then I got bored and floored it giving him the fingers as I drove off. Thats the way to do it :D

tiTTy & SV650
i just totally didnt expect it, had i expected it i'd have opened a can of ownage but i looked in my mirror to pull back in and he was in my blindspot so clearly booted the fook out of it deliberately.

no need for it at all, great wee back road (for a clio....) shame to have to endure it in a wallowing big wannabe retro piece of s**t with naff wooden bits and beige leather, oh but its a v6...

twas the kilsyth road kiev, coming from Kirky, he turned off to the right as you come to the roundabout in Kilsyth I went stright through heading for the M80

MK1 Clio Versailles
I've not even attempted to overtake on any single carriageways yet although I guess I've been lucky not to be held up behind anything too slow.

People can be funny when you overtake. It annoys me when someone overtakes you, and your sticking to the speed. That does rile me, however if there driving slow for no reason, then you have a right to overtake.

This guy sounded like a right tosser though :(

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
WOOWOOO DO IT. i'd prefer stanley knife to the tyres though. i''l come and help ;D

tiTTy & SV650
indeed total tosser, ive literally overtaken hundreds of cars safely on single carriage ways, a9 mostly but never before this felt the need to post about it.

silver valver/hybrid
same happened to me, overtook a lexus sourer doing 35 on a 60 road, he didnt like it flew up behind me with full beams and fog lights on, i put a bit of distance between us on the twisty roads where he nearly lost it a few times (kept drifting onto the wrong side of the road when his barge couldnt make it round the bends) then i got stuck behind some more slow traffic, he followed for about 6 miles still with his beams on, i did a very quick right at a roundabout, and he turned around and went back, nob head.

Monaco Blue 172
rory182 said:
i meant the sidewalls lol

i wasnt driving particularly fast and certainly not offensively or aggressively, when someones doing 40 ish on a straight 60 ur gonna overtake them eh?
another pet peeve of mine is ppl who potter about at 40 and then suddenly put the juice on when a crawler lane appears... at the end of the crawler lane they slow back down again :mad: rah!

Monaco Blue 172
rory182 said:
indeed total tosser, ive literally overtaken hundreds of cars safely on single carriage ways, a9 mostly but never before this felt the need to post about it.
yup there's some peachy overtaking to be done on the A9 if the conditions allow... my "personal best" was a queue of 10 or so cars behind a caravan, lovely straight bit of road (they've made it a crawler lane now). quite lucky of course that none of them wobbled out in front of me without looking first!

similar thing happened to me today, on a dual carraigeway, i was overtaking a convertible beemer 3 series thing, must have been a 318 or 320, and he was not impressed.. came right up my arse, and i just sat there, until a strech opened up, and i left him.. priceless

ppl that travel at 40 in a 60 mph zone are the ones that cause accidents. Sunday b*****d drivers. Hate them with a passion.

I also hate cars that are perfectly capable of overtaking someone relatively quickly but overtake soo slowly. Your stuck behind them and then you see a car coming towards you on the straight and your waiting for the numpty in front of you to hurry up and overtake a tractor or something. Of course their in 5th-6th gear, not worrying about whats behind them.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Chris K said:
ppl that travel at 40 in a 60 mph zone are the ones that cause accidents. Sunday b*****d drivers. Hate them with a passion.

Spot on!

I overtook a golf once cos he was pissing about in his diesel and he decided to follow me to my mates house! But i delibirately went down the round road and did a quick turn-around and waited to watch him turn around and drive back to where ever he was going. Think he knew we were watching him cos we couldn't stop cracking up. Nice to make the t***s on the road feel stupid lol

Cupra
On my way home tonight was on the motorway (2 lanes) and two cars pull in from the slip road. I was in the outside lane going at least 50kph faster and slowed down a bit as I had a hunch that one of them would pull out infront of me.

The guy in the Merc C200 swings out infront and made me brake hard so that i did not go into the back of him. I held my horn on for the coming 20 seconds that it took him to get past the slower car and he then tried to floor it..... they're not so quick those C200's.

I looked at the guy as I went past but he was doing that Alexi Sayle forward stare.... I can't see you so you dont exist thing. Stupid little tosser was obviously out for a drive with his girlfriend in his dads car or something as he must have been 18ish....

Buy an expensive car and you dont have to follow the rules of the road/ traffic lights/ have any common courtisy/ common sense...... tw@ts.

/rant. sorry

defo a daily occurance .........am quite polite on the road , let ppl pull out etc , but some ppl are just c*nts

133/225/CLS AMG
Cue said:
hmmmm.... you seem to know too much about this guy???? do you have a jag? lol, kiddin :quiet:

I have come across his kind before, not literally mind!!! hahaha

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Problem is for some reason about 90% of drivers look at overtaking as a henious crime.....its a lost art.

Hence the reaction from Mr Fat Cat man.

All drivers of bottom end beemers 316/ 318 etc windup windows and a coat hanger in the rear window you know the type, stationary salesmen, they don't like me being in the fast lane.
I had one the other day right up my arse and then dangerously over take me on a national speedlimit single carrige way (I was doing 60mph). On the slipway onto the motorway I ripped him a new one, he was not happy.

I regularly get flashed when i over take people on my way home, empty road, and dont cut them up, theres no need for the f**king full beam! Best result for thatb ive found is as soon as they fullbeam you Anchors on! they s**t them selves lol!

Clio 182
Worst thing thats ever happend to me when overtaking was a transit van moving over to try and push me off the road - that was not funny at all, and very nearly did have me off the road, and probably into a tree or similar at 60mp+

what you described regularly happens though, it makes no sense at all, although its obvious why they do it.. w*****s :(

None
Ive had it done to me a few times with a Jag on a dual carridgeway and a Landrover. Im probably the worst person for a person to decide to do it on tho

BMW 320d SE
Worst thing thats ever happend to me when overtaking was a transit van moving over to try and push me off the road - that was not funny at all, and very nearly did have me off the road, and probably into a tree or similar at 60mp+

what you described regularly happens though, it makes no sense at all, although its obvious why they do it.. w**kers :(

I had a very similar thing happen to me on a sliproad joining the A27. A large tipper-type lorry didn't like the fact that I was overtaking him on the slip road. He swerves over to the right, forcing me to put 2 wheels in the verge. I was doing about 70 in 4th by this time, desperately trying to get past before I ended up in the armco. I got past him, but as I pulled back onto the black stuff, the car went into a spin - sideways @ 70 wasn't what I had in mind :eek: Thank god for ESP. There really are some selfish pr1cks on the roads, who don't seem to care whether anyone else lives or dies as a result of their actions.

Less
i think in these situations its easier to take the next road off and let them go... no need to prove anything really, other than the person with a brain

Cliosport182
This is similar to how i crashed my mini... a guy doing 30 in a 60... i overtake so he speeds up.. then as i am passing pretends to swerve towards me... makes me react and i clip the kerb... and bam...

DSC002581.jpg

your lucky mate.. could have been worse! It just shows you what people are like though...

Storm Grey 200
Grrr, last night i overtook someone doing 40 on the bypass in malmesbury, it was a 60 limit and he gave me main beam all the way. It really is irritating when you overtake someone safely and they think you some crazy maniac thats driving dangerously. C**ts.

Cliosport182
^^ s**t me that was bad. hope karma came back around

nope his got away with it at the moment.. as he didnt actually hit me and he drove off as well.. left the scene as soon as we rolled off the road.. the witnesses i knew so the police said it wouldnt stand up in court.

it is thaat ... cant believe iv been over taken by a clio theory!!!

also hate people who go like 40 in a national and then stay at 40 thru the 30 aghhhhhh THAT IS SOOO ANNOYING LOL

Astra SRi T
could'nt agree more wtf is wrong with them??!?! on thursday i overtook a corsa doing 35mph in a 60 straight stretch of road indicated pulled out ,passed quickly , indicated and pulled in, he starts beeping his horn and full beams it! i just left him to it, was in dads car and it has anti-dazzle mirrors so his main beam was just a lil green dot.

About a month ago coming home from work i came up behind a maroon oil burning focus estate doing 25 mph- yes 25mph in a 60! was safe to overtake, and i did , anyway got futher up the road and got stuck behind 2 carvans , lorry and a car doing about 45mph, was'nt to bothered as i was only a few miles from home. Anyway I see the focus coming bouncing along the road behind me at speed, SHE pulls out and proceeds to over take all of us, in to on coming traffic, at this point Im thinking shes gonna pull in, she has to! NO she carried on at about 80mph ,3 cars coming towards her had to pull up on to the curb and we all break heavily nearly causing a huge pile up! I fecking s**t meself as im sure everyone in the que of traffic did! I dont know how we all didnt die!

STUPID b**ch!!

clio 172 cup
i was driving to a car show yestaday, a car going in opposite direction hit a branch on the road came flying ova to my lane whacked me front bumper went under my car and heard a massive bang the car didnt even try to move out the way now ive got a white mark about 6inch going across me front bumper nd possible damage under the car