ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cant believe it

GW Clio 200

I fecking cant believe what has happened today. After waiting for months for my 206 GTI 180 to arrive, I cancelled yesterday. I went in to the dealer today and a week Monday I pick up my new mint Clio Cup.

I tested the cup yesterday and was overwhelmed with its performance and fun factor. The best test drive I have really ever had because he allowed me to open it up on some loverly twisty roads around the Bluewater area. I had a scream,( I think I heard him scream.)

Im now really looking forward to getting the car on the 24th and will be wishing the days away.

What a great little car it is!!!(y)

GW Clio 200

Im fighting for it now, I have a legal department where I work and I am definately in the right.

If your receipt states DEPOSIT £500 or whatever then its a *deposit*

The very term *deposit* means that its refundable, "Non Refundable Deposit" is a contradiction in terms and is only put there to give the dealer some sort of self security and scare the customer. But by law they cannot hold your deposit if you have not recieved anything against it.

"Non Refundable Deposit" is quintessentially an "Oxymoron", it doent make sense and will not stand up in court.

I done exactly the same on an MGZR a year ago, paid a £500 deposit on a MGZR120 version, i ordered all my own trim and optional extras, in the colour i wanted etc. Got a delivery date and waited.

However in my time waiting for the car, i managed to get an insurance quote on the ZR160 model and my heart was then set on that. I went in and cancelled the car, the dealer went mental and ordered me to have the car. I laughed and walked out. I tried to get my £500 back, but had no chance. I phoned the manager and the MG head office, and they stated that because id SIGNED a legally binding contract and that the car was made especially for me (Trim, Air-Con etc) i hadnt a leg to stand on.

Im sorry mate, but its very unlikely you will win. If youve got your signature on a bit of paper declaring you will pay x amount of £ and they order it for you........Youve lost already.

Ill be surprised if your legal team will be able to do anything.

Sorry mate, thats the way this big bad world is.

Take it from the managers point of view, its not just the buyer who has rights.

I WAS EXTREMELY PISSED OFF!!!

Actually mate.... Thinking about it, there is such a thing as a non returnable deposit. A deposit is used to secue an item and then comes off the overall price. A deposit is not used to maybe buy the item.

When i was younger me and my pals had a brainwave 1 christmas to book a holiday for the following year in Ibiza. There was 7 of us who walked in to a travel agent and put a set amount (£150 each) down as a deposit for the holiday.

Of course when the following summer came round, surprise surprise 3 of them couldnt afford it and instantly lost there deposits. Was a wicked holiday with just the 4 of us anyway:)

When I ordered the 180 in August, the expected delivery date was end of October. Two weeks before the expected date I was informed that delivery was now possibly mid-December. I then cancelled my order as I wasnt going to wait on the off chance that it would be delivered in December.

I did get my deposit back as the T&Cs of the dealer state that the deposit can be refunded if the car is not delivered on the original delivery date and that the dealer could not source another one within
the fortnight after that date.

Read the Terms and Conditions.

Yes that sounds right, if the dealer cannot supply on an agreed date, the contract between both can be voided. Because 1 is breaking a term of the contract.

Clio V6 255

A contract is only legally binding if all the conditions are met, if a party fails to meet an obligation (eg. the delivery date is written into the contract but the dealer fails to deliver by this date) then the contract is void and the other party (the buyer) has the legal right to cancel.

If it says on the contract that the deposit is not refundable if the BUYER breaks the agreement, remind them that it is THEM who broke the agreement, and effectively you can claim the deposit back.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by .:xTreme:. on 15 November 2003

My car was and still has not been built ............
the mailto:b@stards">b@stards... :cry: