ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car broken into... *NOW PICS*

My car was broken into today, not under cctv, no real fingerprints found etc so looks like it will have to be on my insurance or ill fork out myself. Problem is claiming it on insurance - Im on Full comp at 17 = Very expensive, so to claim would make it stupidly high.

The lock is f*cked and door panel pretty madly mangled, just wondering whats the best way of going about getting it fixed up, new door panel? Delocked? etc

Pics to follow... :(

[Edited by Spammy on 02 July 2005 at 2:15pm]

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/SpammyClio/P1010446Medium.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/SpammyClio/P1010445Medium.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/SpammyClio/P1010442Medium.jpg

Artic blue clio 182

Thats a sh*t, i had my car broken into once ( not my clio ) thing is, they then stole it and smacked it up! Ihad to claim off my insurance because he had no license, hence no insurance.

Its so gutting.

sorry to see that

get a metal plate welded on, then filled and painted, i had it done on my old car, cost me about £100

Nothing was stolen which made me pleased, bit strange though, maybe the alarm scared them off or they were interupted.

Im basically looking to see what you lot thinks the best way of getting it fixed. I have thought about delocking but what happens when the key plip stops working!

Any ideas on costs of a new door skin, new lock etc?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

IIRC you need a mechanical means to get into your car by law???

Well so ive heard.....

RS4

if you wanna get it delocked just make sure you have a spare key, other than that theres not much else you can do

aint there a lock on the boot, if the key fob failed you could climb in the boot.

De-lock it mate should cost £100 tops for a good job and will prevent them doing the same again.

Gutted for you though.

Chris

do the thiefs carry tin openers there :eek: , sorry bout your car m8 . id stick it through your insurance it looks expensive , probably need a new door skin to repair it properly

Polo + Micra

wthat is f**king gutting, id be well pissed if it happend to me

didnt they stop putting locks on the drivers doors in 2003

Maybe ill get the drivers door de-locked and leave the passenger door?

It was done near Wimbledon, unfortunately i rarely go there (I live in guildford) but happened to go today and it got done. Not much i can do about it eh. Shame society is the way it is...

Id like to go on insurance but at its current £1800 per year i dont really want it a lot higher if you want the honest truth.

Cheers for the support :)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Get it delocked properly ie welded up like a motherf**ker.

or try a scrappy for a 2003 door

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

People who do these things should get a life, whats worse is that I bet they just do it so they can tell their mates!

Id repair it yourself or get someone to delock that side, assuming that you have a lock the otherside!

Had my car broken into and they stole the radio and a pair of jeans,the car was parked in tescos car park about 20 yards away from the front door. No one seen anything and three cars within one hour had the same thing happen. So I guess its just bad luck.

artic blue 182

thieving w**kers i would chop their hands off:mad:

may be worth getting the trader and see if any breakers have 1

Lucky they didnt know about the £1k of ICE eh. Mike what would you do with that if it came into you at Renault?

GW Clio 200

Quote: Originally posted by seb182 on 02 July 2005
harsh.. sh*t happens sadly..

yeah sh*t soes happen but untill it happens to you, you dont grasp the gravity of it. I would fukking lock any little scumbag up for 5 years that decided he wanted to break into someones vehicle. Its a fukking liberty that these little chavvy pikey fukks think they can do as they please, and because the law is on the side of the criminal not the victim.

Stiffer sentences and harsher prison time should be introduced. If you treat these people with respect they sh*t on you, hit them hard and hurt them, they are not to quick to do it again.

Sorry for rant!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Spammy on 02 July 2005

Maybe ill get the drivers door de-locked and leave the passenger door?

Answered your own question mate thats what id do and brings it up to date too.

bad luck mate but just try and get through the crap feeling its given you. Theres some scum out there and theyll get theirs. Youll get your car sorted and forget about it theyll end up in jail on "fagging" duty. Not so clever now are we young man? Should have left vehicles alone now your faced with a cummunal shower with 100 burly blokes whove not seen a woman for 5 years.

so they did they that & didnt take any thing.
what a bunch of knobs, totally pointless, i would have it de locked & a plate welded in as the rest have said it will stop them doing it again.

Yeah they did that but i presume got scared off when the alarm went off or someone interupted them, it was pointless but im glad seeing as the ICE could have been taken...

I will most probably get it delocked now... But its not the kind of thing that happens where i live, i suppose i was just unfortunate to have it done while in a rougher area!

get a 50p in it, get it welded up and smoothed over and will be fine. you still have the pasenger door to use if your fob fails. 03 clios did away with drivers lock if i recall.

unlucky..its sh*t init.....little fukwits

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Bite the bullet on the cost and dont go through the insurers. A new door from a scrappy wont be too expensive. Even getting a brand new door and having it sprayed would probabaly still work out cheaper than your excess if you were to claim.

Quote: Originally posted by dan-the-man on 02 July 2005

get a 50p in it, get it welded up and smoothed over and will be fine. you still have the pasenger door to use if your fob fails. 03 clios did away with drivers lock if i recall.

unlucky..its sh*t init.....little fukwits

The hole is pretty massive, they sorta fecked it up me thinks!

Cheers euge, they didnt get away with anything in the end! Must have been interupted or put off by the alarm.

Rick, problem is theres not many scrappys around guildford, especially none that i know of!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Is that the only key lock on the car??

my 2001 new shape Clio only has 1 key entry on it.

or do u have 1 on the passanger side too?