ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car broken into... *NOW PICS*

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

hmmm renault braught back in 2 locks? then went back to 1 LOL typical renault hey

Renault Laguna Coupe

I think most of them only have the lock on the passenger side these days. Sorry to see that damage mate.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Quote: Originally posted by Spammy on 02 July 2005

Yeah both sides have locks, think it would look odd passenger only having a lock?
my car only came with 1 door lock as standard.... doesnt look odd to me at all

Dunno why they braught back 2 locks, so odd. must have had plenty left at the factory ;)

Hehe, well ill go for some quotes during the week, check on prices, hopefully it wont cause too much damage for my wallet :(

Cheers

RB182cup&golf gti

just glanced at the topic, know how u feel there mate, had it done to two of my cars in the past, wish theyd just broken the window, less expense, had mine delocked, these people want bricking :mad:

Shhh

How old is the car, get trawlling the scrap yards too see if they have any matching doors and get one fitted.

Is the lock damaged in any way.

The later clios did not have a lock on the drivers door, so you may find a car without the lock in place, as they are just smoothed over. Im sure the locking would work as normal, and you have the passenger lock as everyone else.

If your up newcastle way i know a place in Sunderland that can paint a car door for about £60, they do all the renault work and put it in with another car from the dealers. You could get a nice new door from renault, get them too fit it, and the trim in the car.

I dont think its worth claiming if you can get the work down below £500. If you claim for just the door, is it worth it. If something was stolen then maybe i would consider it.

Ring about the scrap yards, i guess your car is a 02 from the lock in the door, then go from there..

Hope you get lucky..

Alias

Shhh

Get that, and if the door trim is billabong or something, change the door panel.

Id collect if you could so you guarentee you get what you pay for and not damaged in transit.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

Unlucky Spammy... little c***s.. Looks nasty. Doubt id go through the insurance if i were you.. Probably de-lock it, my 182 has no lock on the drivers side.. looks fine. Never noticed the other side was different until a mate pointed it out! If you wanted to check out local breakers, theres one in Normandy iirc.. Hope this helps, and good luck with the repair fella!

Mini Cooper S sport

Thats so sh*t, having a car broken into is horrible. My first car had exactly the same thing done to it and they nicked my parcel shelf and speakers plus some tracksuit trousers.

People who do this sort of thing should be lined up and shot, hope it doesnt cost you too much t get fixed.

Right! Just got back work to find many useful replies! Thank you very much!

Alias - Its a 2002, the lock was completely fecked, police took it... Nothing was stolen so ill pay myself i think :)

Dave - Have contacted them cheers

Shaun - I think ill either delock or get a new door, see how much each would cost! Never knew there was one in Normandy thats only 10 mins away! Thanks for the help!

MB - Agreed ;)

A well built VW

Sorry for ya matey , good excuse to get it delocked some mailto:tw@ts">tw@ts in this world they made a real mess

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

not worth delocked spammy. dont bother maddung you car. wont sellit for anything as near as what you would expect for it, trust ME

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Quote: Originally posted by AliasOmega on 03 July 2005
Get that, and if the door trim is billabong or something, change the door panel. Id collect if you could so you guarentee you get what you pay for and not damaged in transit.

Very good point. What they say is very good condition could be someone elses scratched to f**k!. Its definatle y worth collecting if at all possible. Maybe j3ned could help you out as he works at a breakers?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

yea i remember a post a wile bk about so dude got a door in "PERFECT" condition and it was all burnt out. ill come with you if you want spammy. i know loads of local scrappys

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

Quote: Originally posted by eugegall on 03 July 2005

not worth delocked spammy. dont bother maddung you car. wont sellit for anything as near as what you would expect for it, trust ME
Spammy... just to make myself clear..my car is totally original with the de-locked drivers door. Like Eugeall sugests, if you want to get as much as possible for ya car when you come sell it, youre better off getting the lock re-instated by means of repair or replacement door. Your call mate, what ever funds permit i guess!

Shaun