ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car broken into

Fabia VRS
:/ well, it was mine turn tonight

went out for a nice meal with the missus and co

walked not even 50M to the car which was in the car park, not lit up or being showed off, to find that my passenger window has been smashed in and my ipod stolen

The funny thing is they didnt take the headunit (which is worth more than the ipod itself)

I spose i really should blame myself, leaving the ipod wire on show is never the most sensible thing to do but hey ho s**t happens

Im pretty gutted to say the least, insurance company is getting it all done so hopefully it will get fixed asap

No pics as its dark and i have a htc and still dont know how to work it propperly

Great... :(

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Dirty thieves. I try and hide everything in my car. Although sometimes, I do leave a couple things out if I'm rushing etc.

clio 182
u left it in the dark.....why would u do this..... perfect for theives

gutted for u tho mate ive had many cars done over it sole destroyin to see what u have worked for gone esp most poss to feed a habit :(

Fabia VRS
u left it in the dark.....why would u do this..... perfect for theives

gutted for u tho mate ive had many cars done over it sole destroyin to see what u have worked for gone esp most poss to feed a habit :(

Hm, it was strange, i was parked in the middle of my mates cars.

s**t happens ey :(

I love Lamp
s**t mate sorry to hear that, atleast that is all that is gone/broken though and it didn't end up torched lol

Fabia VRS
Here she is :/

SAM_0049.jpg

SAM_0039.jpg

SAM_0040.jpg

Some damage to the glove box, where the glass scraped it i spose (Y)
(and the headunit wasnt stolen its in my house just in case)

SAM_0043.jpg

SAM_0042.jpg

That mark on the glove box looks like it's off a brick or something!

Unlucky though fella. I've had a few cars broken into over the years. Annoys the f**k out of me !

I don't even leave a packet of fags out in plain sight.

Comes from 2 years of living in Withington (Manchester) where my car would get done at least once a month. 5 of us sharing a house and at least one of us would see some sort of damage to our car every week.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Been there done that! It's a sickening feeling! And you'll be finding that glass for months! If not years!

Fabia VRS
There wasnt a brick there, or around the car so god knows?

the cable litterly went from the side of the headunit into the glovebox so its not even 10cm worth of wire, but there we are

Hopefully this will never happen again... was abit scary if im honest didnt really know how to take it at first

but the police are coming round to asses it soon i think so il see what happens after that

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I don't even leave a packet of fags out in plain sight.

Comes from 2 years of living in Withington (Manchester) where my car would get done at least once a month. 5 of us sharing a house and at least one of us would see some sort of damage to our car every week.

Parked on the road fella?

Fabia VRS
There are some right scum bags out there!

They probably would of take the brick with them etc, prints and all that jazz

well a few years back we had someone brick our house (conservatory) and there was a few bricks that were left and the police arnt able to get them off bricks apparently ?

well a few years back we had someone brick our house (conservatory) and there was a few bricks that were left and the police arnt able to get them off bricks apparently ?

Yeah I did think that, due to the surface of them. But no doubt if they broke into your car they arn't the brightest so took no extra risk.

Fabia VRS
Yeah I did think that, due to the surface of them. But no doubt if they broke into your car they arn't the brightest so took no extra risk.

Yeah they didnt seem the brightest of people, it was bedford mind you

They probably took the brick with them, just like the bloke in essex that had his aftermarket vectra wheels nicked and replaced with standards :L

Slow red one
Know how you feel, had it done last year to my old car, was well pissed off! Cost me £70 for new window and they stole my wallet with just £10 in! Was parked outside my gf's and was only there for like 7 hours!

Focus, GSXR1000 & R6
Not good to hear!

Remember when my old car was done, not nice.

Make sure you take the door card out and remove all the glass from the bottom of the door!

Remember its not just the cable on show its a modified car with after market head unit, they would just hope for the best. The only thing on show in my MK1 was the rear 6x9's :eek: that must have given it away as the head unit was behind the old MK1 cover thing.

They did my mates car at the same time, took the front from the head unit, but left the unit, took his cd's from the glovebox but left his wallet, will never make sense to me.

Fabia VRS
Not good to hear!

Remember when my old car was done, not nice.

Make sure you take the door card out and remove all the glass from the bottom of the door!

Remember its not just the cable on show its a modified car with after market head unit, they would just hope for the best. The only thing on show in my MK1 was the rear 6x9's :eek: that must have given it away as the head unit was behind the old MK1 cover thing.

They did my mates car at the same time, took the front from the head unit, but left the unit, took his cd's from the glovebox but left his wallet, will never make sense to me.

Yeah i no, i wasnt there when the window bloke came because i was at work, but when i close the door is does sound like it has all gone (or the majority)

I was suprised to feel abit of glass hit my leg when i was driving must have come from the dash

Lesson learned.

Never leave anything on show, not even your chargers/cables.

Yes deffinatly!
just on the hunt for an new ipod now :L

BG 182
As you say lucky they didnt take your headunit, hate people who deliberately go out of their way to steal or ruin what other people have worked hard for!!