ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car is now a ''''WRITE OFF''''

Mk2 Ph1 1.2
First car and even though i was planning on keeping it for a while it looks like i will be getting a new car.
Just meged onto the M1 at Junction 33 heading towards barnsley and out of no-where came a toyota avensis taxi. He seemed to have lost control of the car, spun it and sent it straight into the side of my clio...He wouldn't accept responsibility but it was obviously his fault for crossing over the line into my lane. Hope the insurance will pay out for both car and also the whiplish claims me and my mate (who was in the car) have made.

car is all out of place now, roof is creased, door is heavily dented and the front and rear panels are creased and out of place... Took a few pics when i got the car was dropped off at mine by green flag. Not best quality but gives you an idea of what happened to my car. Gutted as well because the taxi didn't even looked damaged at all and it was his fault.

GUTTED

Attachments

• Chris car 041.jpg
    Chris car 041.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 132
  • Chris car 042.jpg
    Chris car 042.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Chris car 043.jpg
    Chris car 043.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Chris car 044.jpg
    Chris car 044.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Chris car 045.jpg
    Chris car 045.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 93
normal then................... going to be a bad time for the next couple of weeks whilst the insurance sought out the claim

Mk2 Ph1 1.2
i know it takes the piss... mum n dad av sed they will help me with money to sort a new car out, definately gettin a valver now... r8 pissed off bout it all though...

... tyres got slashed last month, somebody keyed it while i was at work the other day and now this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
christ, sounds really s**t, sounds like its clearly his fault plus theres u and ure mates word for it, if ure whiplash claim goes through too, shud b ok for a new car. good luck

A Fcukin Car
Gutted for ya Chris, we were wondering where u were, just lucky that you and your mate are oky (appart from the whiplash)

Do you get a courtesy car through your insurance??

www.renparts.co.uk
bad luck mate. hope you win the claim.... how have you got wiplash from a side impact like that? Anyway onwards and upwards.. look forward to getting your valver theyre weapons :)

Blue Clio 182
Guttered for ya chris, Couldnt beleive it when you rang me last night and said you'd had an accident, at least you didnt get too hurt and gives you the perfect excuse to get a valver!!

Blue Clio 182
bad luck mate. hope you win the claim.... how have you got wiplash from a side impact like that? Anyway onwards and upwards.. look forward to getting your valver theyre weapons :)

I suppose you can get whiplash from any sort of bump, if it jerks ya at speed doesnt matter what side ya hit from!!

CB600FS
I never understand that, how can it be your fault if the damage is on the SIDE of your car? :S Cars drive forwards?

Surely its clear cut - taxis fault

Mk2 Ph1 1.2
shud be taxi's fault but you know how insurance goes if a payout can be avoided...it will be.

Got some better pics of damage

jesus, that could have been alot worse esp at motorway speeds.

I know that junction and its quick. He must have been booting it. Probably got his licence in a cornflakes packet!

Wont you be raped by the insurance companies if you went to a valver straight after a smash?

Mk2 Ph1 1.2
insurance is fine!!! Not claimin coz im only third party fire and theft so only claiming if his insurance will pay out

Mk2 Ph1 1.2
more pics of the smash...

Attachments

• Chris car 054.jpg
    Chris car 054.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 65
  • Chris car 053.jpg
    Chris car 053.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Chris car 052.jpg
    Chris car 052.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Chris car 051.jpg
    Chris car 051.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 80
  • Chris car 050.jpg
    Chris car 050.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 65
yeh but now you dont have to dream about gettin a valver - or a willy! if it pays out it eill be totally beneficial to you/!

Megane 230 R26
I never understand that, how can it be your fault if the damage is on the SIDE of your car? :S Cars drive forwards?

Surely its clear cut - taxis fault

I wouldn't say it was that clear cut just because of that, if you swerved in front of somebody and they hit you in the side it'd be your fault, but the damage would be on the side... (Not that that's what happened in this case, but...)

Glad you were ok Chris, side impacts are nasty!

Have you actually got whip lash or are you just trying to get a couple of grand?

Like he's gunna answer that on a public forum!!!!!!

I suppose it doesn't matter either way! You might as well get the 2K and put it in the bank and use it to pay the increased premiums caused by all the personal 'injury' claims!!!

It won't be long before the price of insurance sky rockets and becomes like America, after all we've been quick enough to get in on the compensation culture!!!