ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Car Phone

I was just thinking about having a mobile phone car kit installed in my 172.

Do they have to add an ugly antenna anywhere?

Are the 172s hard to wire , and will my trim be destroyed in the process? (Ive had a bad experience with panells fitting loosley and never being the same from intallation and wiring)

The phone has bluetooth, so hopefully i wont have to screw an ugly cradle onto the dash, but will it integrate with the sound system and use the existing speakers?

I dont want to have to ruin the look of my car.

Thanks.

996 Carrera

You can get an antenna integrated into a tax disc holder. I had one fitted into my previous car.

Luckily it was all paid for by my employer :)

ive just had my Nokia car kit refitted to my clio

i had it taken out of the golf when i sold it...

hasnt touched my trim except for a hole in my glove box (not noticeable)

cradle mounts on bracket that goes in left airvent (doesnt block it)

aerial... mine is a small strip one running down left side of screen... almost unoticeable.....

i had the choice of chunkier tax disc holder one or leather pouch type holder.... in fact, i have bothin case i change my mind !!!

wiring was a pain... the loom i got wouldnt fit back behind head unit !!!

when making or receiving call, "speech" comes up on dash display...

any more info needed, let me know.. i have all the part numbers for the bits extra we needed.

Ford Fiesta

if its a bluetooth phone I wouldnt bother getting an "installed" kit. Get a decent bluetooth headset and the phone can be anywhere in the car or get a cradle which sits on the air vents. As you say and in my experience panels never go back the same.

my car kit is a car kit for the nokia 5 and 6 series phones....

CARK128 I think it is called....

not a car phone....

and yes, Bradfordlad.... i guess depending on how much the bluetooth bits cost... go the bluetooth route.....

The bluetuth headset is one option i was concidering, but i dont want to have to wear it everywhere i drive (you look like a moron), so i guess keep it in the door pocket and whip it out when you get a call?

Bluetuth car kit would be great though. leave the phone in your pocket, jump in the car and it turns to car mode. Phone rings, CD pauses and phone auto-answers after a few seconds? (i guess this is how they work if you dont have any buttons to push)

Headset seems like the way to go though, because i want to spare my Clio an ugly aerial, poor fitting panels, and the phone will probobally be used in 2 diff cars.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Bluetooth headsets are fine when the ambient noise level is low - I have one and have to slow right down to have a chance of hearing anything clearly but maybe my car is a little loud .... :)