ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car won't crank over (turn over)

Clio Clio
My girlfriends Clio 1.2 8v won't crank over she went shopping got out pressed the lock button but it didn't lock went and done what she had to came back out turned the key and nothing got the car towed back and noticed the immobiliser light is not on or flashing had a new battery fitted so do anyone know it had this problem I ran a wire to the starter and it spins over any help please she loves her Clio it's a 51 reg with electronic throttle body also checked the battery leads

Thank you all ever so much for any help you may be able to offer

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
If there's no power at all, it sounds like an earthing issue.

Could try running a jumper cable from the -neg battery terminal to somewhere metal on the engine.

Clio Clio
If there's no power at all, it sounds like an earthing issue.

Could try running a jumper cable from the -neg battery terminal to somewhere metal on the engine.
Got power to everything else except central locking off the key (new battery fitted) and the interior light

Clio Clio
Have you changed the battery in the key fob?

Interior light could just be complete coincidence of the bulb going?

I hate electrics lol
Yeah the battery in the fob was changed the central locking won't work with the key barrel there's no immobiliser light at all so I'm thinking the uch under the passenger side dash