ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon airbox lovelyness!

172 5HED
So some will know Im venting my bonnet with a NACA to feed my airbox....

naca-50.jpg

My old box set up (ITG LRAB 65) was fed from the arch, worked well but so much s**t sucked up.... was set up as below....
box2.jpg

The position wouldnt work with the new vent and you will also note the bend in the samco so..
Fitted the new box today (ITG AB65)no bends and looks sexy as ****!! Will tie up to the vent nicely!! Drawing in hot air at the mo but I'm thinking the lack of bends and direct air will help a wee bit!
box2-1.jpg

box1.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I bet that's LOUD!

Got to say that the old setup looked tidier. It just looks like the Maxogen's wedged in there!

So you wouldn't recommend the caf from the arch ?

Once mine's back together i need to sort out a cold air feed (i've got the carbon fibre version of your old itg airbox).

I was going to copy your wheel arch setup

172 5HED
I bet that's LOUD!

Got to say that the old setup looked tidier. It just looks like the Maxogen's wedged in there!

LOL, it is mate :eek: Need to fab a bracket!! Function over form an all that ;)

So you wouldn't recommend the caf from the arch ?

Once mine's back together i need to sort out a cold air feed (i've got the carbon fibre version of your old itg airbox).

I was going to copy your wheel arch setup

Works well mate, just be prepaired to clean it lots!! I just fancied trying something new!!

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
If thats going in the bonnet and the ITG box is going to be right underneath it, what are you going to do when it rains? Water through the vent, down the neck of the airbox straight onto your filter...

+ any risk to the engine electrics fom vent ?

172 5HED
If thats going in the bonnet and the ITG box is going to be right underneath it, what are you going to do when it rains? Water through the vent, down the neck of the airbox straight onto your filter...

When standing it will be angled down, as is the angle of the bonnet so no issue there.

When moving it doesnt matter, would pick up less water than the arch feed now and had no issues there!!

I still dont know why people panick so much about water and filters, so long as you dont get a huge ammount in there its fine.;)

172 5HED
humm...I would of thought the 197 ITG is a better design...

Thats the box I was running 1st. In the STD location I have not seen one make power, most loose a couple of BHP thats why I went to the trouble of smaller battery and arch feed in the 1st place!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Sorry...:S Confused!

Are you leaving this open...I'm sure all will be clear once you've fitted the other bit.

Did you sort your problems from before?

172 5HED
Sorry...:S Confused!

Are you leaving this open...I'm sure all will be clear once you've fitted the other bit.

Did you sort your problems from before?

No pal, not yet, its in to get the running issues fixed on Nov 1st!! Canst say what yet but will solve it!!!

This will be connected to a piece of ducting which comes off the back of the vent in the bonnet to feed the air straight to the box :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
No pal, not yet, its in to get the running issues fixed on Nov 1st!! Canst say what yet but will solve it!!!

This will be connected to a piece of ducting which comes off the back of the vent in the bonnet to feed the air straight to the box :)

Ah i see...very efficient design. Will have to be slughtly careful with that...it will almost certainly effect the mapping top end...Mine and chris's cup noticed a big difference on the RR with the airbox angled up!!! Unfortunately thats not realistic.

172 5HED
Ah i see...very efficient design. Will have to be slughtly careful with that...it will almost certainly effect the mapping top end...Mine and chris's cup noticed a big difference on the RR with the airbox angled up!!! Unfortunately thats not realistic.

Really?? Hmm, I could do that if I mount it differently!! I will try that on the rollers.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Really?? Hmm, I could do that if I mount it differently!! I will try that on the rollers.

yep! Certainly made a difference...But how often do you drive with you're bonnet off! ha!

Just ensure there is a constant cold supply and you're sorted. Mine was never connected up with a feed, just angled around 3inches away!

172 5HED
yep! Certainly made a difference...But how often do you drive with you're bonnet off! ha!

Just ensure there is a constant cold supply and you're sorted. Mine was never connected up with a feed, just angled around 3inches away!

Aye, but if the feed goes directly from bonnet to inlet then it would be effectively the same!! I will get onto that one!! Got two days of RR time so will have a play about with it!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Aye, but if the feed goes directly from bonnet to inlet then it would be effectively the same!! I will get onto that one!! Got two days of RR time so will have a play about with it!

yeh, it's about time that car made some power! :rasp:

172 5HED
Question:
wont this take in rain water/bird s**t/leaves etc?

Potentialy, a little water in there is not a prob (i.e rain water when driving), when standing it wont be a prob as it will slope downwards with the bonnet.

I will be drilling a drain hole into the bottom of the airbox to allow any bigger ammount of water that gets in to drain out ;)