ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbone Lorraine RC6 - Alternative

KTM Xbow, Jag XF
Currently have some Carbone Lorraine RC6 pads but after 210 miles with them on, the squeak is driving me insane. What's the next best alternatives which don't squeak or squeak very little? The car will be mainly used for fast road with the odd track day here and there.

Thanks in advance

Andy

KTM Xbow, Jag XF
They're a track only pad really, so they'll always squeak when cold. No point trying to stop them squeaking, just change to something else or live with it.

Exactly my thoughts. It's driving me insane and they're always going to do it when cold. Given I use it for 'popping to the shops' sometimes, they just don't get enough heat in them. When I do press on it has to be said that they really are superb.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Exactly my thoughts. It's driving me insane and they're always going to do it when cold. Given I use it for 'popping to the shops' sometimes, they just don't get enough heat in them. When I do press on it has to be said that they really are superb.

I think the RC5+ will suit you then. I have them on mine and they're great on track and fine on the road.

They squeaked like mad for the first 50-100 miles, but once you get past that they are ok. Just the odd squeak every now and again.

KTM Xbow, Jag XF
I think the RC5+ will suit you then. I have them on mine and they're great on track and fine on the road.

They squeaked like mad for the first 50-100 miles, but once you get past that they are ok. Just the odd squeak every now and again.

Awesome, thanks for that. I'll do some track days with the current ones then probably give those a go :)

Kaktus

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
RC5+ were fitted to my Clio when I bought it ~2 months ago and I've gone back to OEM as I found the squealing really annoying.
Most of my driving is shorter trips/commuting, all on road rather than track so brakes never really get chance to warm up.
RC5+ certainly have a lot more raw stopping power than OEM but when slowing from 3mph to stop (at traffic lights, in front of a bus stop etc.) I'd rather the OEM without the noise.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've just stuck mintex 1155 in mind to try out on track Wednesday. I had cheap ecp pagid pads in before which btw are superb on the road and great on track, I'd recomend trying them. Only £19 ish