ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cat c ph1 172

www.renparts.co.uk
what u lot reckon its worth...

2000 on an X flame red 40k miles..... all pics to show what it looked like before the repairs...

www.renparts.co.uk
i havent bought it yet...

subframe, lower arm, front bumper... possibly rack... so not extensive damage.. due to its age takes very little for it to become cat C

53 Clio's & counting
hmm prob 3k ish mate,they have dropped in price,after i bought mine iv seen a few around the 2600ish mark,with 20k miles less than mine grrr
still i did only pay just over 2k lol

Josh

It books at £4525 retail with 40k on the clock and £3350 trade.

That is if it was not a cat c. That is for an hpi clear mint example.

Ad

MK2 FRS
^ yeah but for that money will less miles they are likley to be shitters.

Listed it should be 3k i reckon. is it the Yplate that was on ebay??

www.renparts.co.uk
just one im looking at buying to sell on one of the salvage sites... don't want to pay too much.. damage is ludicrously light just feel it will be murder finding front bumper other than a dealer.., not that i havent got enough on atm... with the cat X 172 im working on....

Breaking A 172 Replica
If the repairs were spot on I would say 2700.

Remember... when you come to sell it will be appealing to those who probably won't HPI it.

Sam

53 Clio's & counting
^ yeah but for that money will less miles they are likley to be s**tters.

Listed it should be 3k i reckon. is it the Yplate that was on ebay??

true mate,i bought mine on 98k,tho with fsh and just a few odd n sods needing doin,which id rather have than a chep low mile tatty one

www.renparts.co.uk
looks to be in a nice condition..... seems like the front bumper has been removed by the insurance assesors as all the undertray etc are just unclipped and has been unclipped from the wings... not in a position to view going to wack a bid in... think im just addicted to buying 2.0 french stuff i can't even insure...

finding a front bumper will probably be a mission... usually i buy stuff parts are readily available for and CAT X.... any ideas on front bumper price from renault?

looks to be in a nice condition..... seems like the front bumper has been removed by the insurance assesors as all the undertray etc are just unclipped and has been unclipped from the wings... not in a position to view going to wack a bid in... think im just addicted to buying 2.0 french stuff i can't even insure...

finding a front bumper will probably be a mission... usually i buy stuff parts are readily available for and CAT X.... any ideas on front bumper price from renault?
Very expensive £250 i think unpainted.

www.renparts.co.uk
Josh, would you admit to potential buyers it is Cat C?

Sam

yes definitely... totally unfair and fraudulent... if people are buying a car imo they are entitled to know wether it is an insurance write off..

a flame one went on an auction on ebay (cat d) for 3000 with a decription in text talk lol...

www.renparts.co.uk
here are pics atm.....

clio3-1.jpg

clio2-1.jpg

clio1.jpg

phase 1 172, saxo vts
Hi i was in renault the other week and just out of interest i asked the price on a new bumper it was around 600 quid

www.renparts.co.uk
Hi i was in renault the other week and just out of interest i asked the price on a new bumper it was around 600 quid

jesus thats mega pricey.. im sure i will be able to come by one eventually will just have to sit with the other unfinished 172 in the garage lol till i find one..

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i wouldn't pay any more than £2.5k for that...there's a fair bit of change involved to fix it tbh

Clio 197
^^ lol

there another one for sale to repairables just for £2000

RENAULT CLIO 172 2000

Ref196309

Trim Level 2.0 Sport
CC 1998
Description Light Nearside Qtr + Light Front
Reg YearY 2001
Keys Yes
Doors 3
Mileage 53566
Colour Silver
Engine TypeFuel Type Petrol
Make & Model Renault Clio
Speed 6 Speed
Gearbox Manual
Price£ 2000
Category C
Classification

www.renparts.co.uk
^^ lol

RENAULT CLIO 172 2000

Ref196309

Trim Level 2.0 Sport
CC 1998
Reg YearY 2001
Keys Yes
Doors 3
Mileage 53566
Colour Silver
Speed 6 Speed
Gearbox Manual
Price£ 2000
Category C
Classification
repairable? or for parts? where is it at?

^^ lol

RENAULT CLIO 172 2000

Ref196309

Trim Level 2.0 Sport
CC 1998
Reg YearY 2001
Keys Yes
Doors 3
Mileage 53566
Colour Silver
Speed 6 Speed
Gearbox Manual
Price£ 2000
Category C
Classification

That must be a very rare one, what with being a 6 speed manual, does that include reverse!

Not a Clio anymore.....
I had an inspection done on a claimed Cat C car recently. The inspector said the car would automatically be worth only 50% of the value of an quivalent car not accident damaged, after the repairs if the work done put it back to an immaculate condition. So if that car is repaired and being sold it would only be worth £2.5k at the most. So think how much its going to cost to repair and take that from its potential market value and hey presto thats what you should pay for it. Around £1k IMO.

www.renparts.co.uk
I had an inspection done on a claimed Cat C car recently. The inspector said the car would automatically be worth only 50% of the value of an quivalent car not accident damaged, after the repairs if the work done put it back to an immaculate condition. So if that car is repaired and being sold it would only be worth £2.5k at the most. So think how much its going to cost to repair and take that from its potential market value and hey presto thats what you should pay for it. Around £1k IMO.

it does depend on the car and the market.... A young lad doesn't really care if he can get one cat c/d for 3k for example if its a nice one with low miles.... I think if you have pics before to prove it was small damage. 50% is a bit of a silly figure.... for example an old landcruiser on cat c/D is worth almost the same as a straight one...