ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cat's Clio 172

Clio 172
Get a catch tank in there as it's the crap that comes out of there you need to worry about too!.

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
Something i might do eventually :)

Another update, since my plans for last night had to be changed I decided to fit my samco hoses that I bought from DannyR.

While I was having a scan to see how to attack the job, I found out my bonnet popper cable was still present on the car even though I have bonnet pins, so before I started removing the rad stuff I decided to pull that out. Was a bit of a hassle but I left in the lever in the cabin so there isn't a hole there.

Some pics of while I was pulling out the standard rad hoses, was quite an awkward job as well I thought:
DSCF0593.gif

DSCF0594.gif

DSCF0596.gif

All back together and filled with the coolant:
DSCF0602.gif

DSCF0603.gif

Once I was finished that I decided to clean up the bonnet for some odd reason, as normally not a clean car person at all. But since I was doing that, I removed the bonnet catch as well still left on, again since I had bonnet pins, no need for it to be there! (Shiny!)
DSCF0604.gif

Pics of what came out of the car, hoses and bonnet junk stuff:
DSCF0605.gif

clio 182
making a good car better!

you have fairly come along since the early starlet days lol

i met you on the afford road a couple of weeks back, i was in my works van tho, looks very nice!

will have to get a meet arranged soon!

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
Was I driving like a goon? As I seem to more in the clio than I ever did in the starlet.

Appreciate the kind words though bud, thought you worked for the firebrigade? Or was the works van a fire engine lol

clio 182
Lol, retained fire fighter! Basically my pager goes off and I go to the firre station as fast as I can! Works van is just a van, no fire engine unfortunately

You did look like you were nippin on! Car looks lovely tho!

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
Todays update is I got my car back from the body shop today :y:

DSCF0609.gif

DSCF0610.gif

DSCF0613.gif

DSCF0614.gif

DSCF0615.gif

Work they done was both rear quarters as there was a small amount of bubbling there, the bump strips and bullets all colour coded and front and rear bumpers repaired if they needed it and redone as well.

Still waiting for my coilovers to arrive though :(

Peugeot 308
Cars looking awesome.

Did you notice much difference in terms of performance with the Aircon removal kit on?

Also, coilovers, how come your changing?

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
Cars looking awesome.

Did you notice much difference in terms of performance with the Aircon removal kit on?

Also, coilovers, how come your changing?

For what I need don't need such a hardcore coilover set really, I just want a bit better than standard, not 1k plus worth lol
And the aircon removal kit, feels a bit revier but I could be imaging it due to spending a decent wedge on the kit and fitting it!

Looking very smart there, Who did your painting?
Castlepark bodyshop bud, they also sorted my foglights :D

Thought I hadn't updated this in a while, so here goes.

Also as some may have noticed I have put the car up for sale, but like I said I don't massively want to sell it so I will keep modding it until it sells or just keep it!

A few weeks ago the power steering pipe started leaking, was a few days before I went offshore, so I attempted to metal glue it as a make shift fix until I could get the part, but that was a big fail. So I ordered the part from Renault, well got a mate to while I was offshore.

DSCF0629.gif

And this cost £100 from Renault, yes £100 for that small pipe. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask when he was robbing folk.

Got that fitted and that sorted the leak, although was a hassle to fit due to the Jenvey's on the car, and it had to be heated and bent out of the way of my air con removal tensioner. Upon inspection of the failed pipe I'm of the opinion it snapped due to how the aircon removal kit was installed, the pipe wasn't heated and bent like I did, it looks like it was just hit flat.

Also I bought a new radiator, as the normal one isn't perfect for the jenveys and it arrived today.
DSCF0632.gif

DSCF0633.gif

I have also just bought a slim rad fan for it from ebay, but I'm going away soon so will have to get it fitted once I'm back and the fan has arrived.

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
The fan arrived a few days ago, so yesterday I set about fitting it, although the fan mounting parts didn't arrive but luckily I had a set left over from my other car which was mounted the same way.

The new slim and smaller fan:
DSCF0634.gif

The rad with the mounting bits:
DSCF0635.gif

Nasty standard rad and fan:
DSCF0636.gif

Yesterdays pics as I didn't finish the little tweaks until today:
DSCF0637.gif

DSCF0638.gif

And today, all back together, just need to make up some brackets to help hold the radiator a little, much more space though now!:
DSCF0641.gif

DSCF0643.gif

DSCF0642.gif

TrackCar & F30 330d
Nice update, I need to buy the same things you have for my car.

Is the Radiator the one for £40 which is for a Seat?

and which fan did you end up getting? a blowing one or a sucking one?

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
Yeah it was the seat rad that was posted up on a thread on here.

The rad I got was a slim one from ebay, think it can do both depending on how you wire it really I think. Grand total of the rad swap was like 70-80, not to bad a price considering most slim rads are well more than that!

RS2'd Trophy
Looks great so far mate. I assume your the same C_A_T from SSC?

Im james as in VTR-TEC Dunno if you remember me heres my old beast :D
DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
I was on ssc with the same username, but I wasn't a fan of that site at all tbh.

Aint normally a fan of mk1's but that motor is sweet man!

RS2'd Trophy
Cheers man pretty much slammed with carbon. Should never have broke that car lol! now im trying to get the same from my trophy lol! that had full psf coilovers and rear beam lol! 23mm bars ftw ;)

The Mk1 clios look hard as nails great choice! and looks like this one will be handy round a few tracks! are you doing any track time this year?

James

TrackCar & F30 330d
Yeah it was the seat rad that was posted up on a thread on here.

The rad I got was a slim one from ebay, think it can do both depending on how you wire it really I think. Grand total of the rad swap was like 70-80, not to bad a price considering most slim rads are well more than that!

Oh right cool, thanks for the info.

what size fan did you get?

12" 10" or 9"

Was it this one? - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-29cm-Unive...06800945?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
Nah still for sale if the right offer comes along. If not I'll keep it.

Not massively in a fuss to sell so if I do will be for what it's worth for sure!

I always say everything is for sale at the right price!

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
Well today I was off and it was a sunny nice day for once and my car has been in my garage for 2 weeks doing nothing while I was offshore I thought now was a good time to finally get round to undersealing it, poor pic but thought may as well take a few lol, although some of the plastics I painted anyway to make it all look the same :D and it is the full underside of the car, just didn't take pics of it all as I couldn't be arsed:
DSCF0644.gif

DSCF0646.gif

And also I made my car the epitomy of JDMness (although I think the whole JDM culture gayness, this is my attempt to mock it):
DSCF0647.gif

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
Nah to far I'm guessing my lady.

Why was you wanting a shot? lol Would easily give you a shot tbh if I ever see you though :) But that aint likely to happen really lol.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Nah to far I'm guessing my lady.

Why was you wanting a shot? lol Would easily give you a shot tbh if I ever see you though :) But that aint likely to happen really lol.

wouldnt have said no to the cahnce of getting back in the drivers seat :p
last time i got chance was before the ITBs its the only car i know where still is lol

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
keep it! lol

still not up for knockhill....?

Still FAR TO SCARY for me :D

wouldnt have said no to the cahnce of getting back in the drivers seat :p
last time i got chance was before the ITBs its the only car i know where still is lol

You are more then welcome to if you ever see it, although if you do, dinna chase me down like a maniac as I might get scared and phone "the man" lol

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
Well while I was undersealing the car I found a crack in an odd place on one of my alloys :(:
DSCF0648.gif

DSCF0649.gif

So tomorrow I'm going to order up a nice new set of alloys and swap over my tyres to them since they're still as good as new and I like the goodyears.

Today I gave it a clean so took some pics:
DSCF0651.gif

DSCF0650.gif

DSCF0652.gif

DSCF0659.gif

DSCF0658.gif

DSCF0657.gif

DSCF0660.gif

DSCF0653.gif

DSCF0654.gif

DSCF0655.gif

DSCF0656.gif

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
Yeah I still own the car currently, no one seems to want to buy it :( lol

The fan does fine for cooling mate, although when I was using it daily I was hardly ever in traffic, but the few times I had been due to a crash or something silly like that it did the job no probs.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
You should get some 15" O.Z f1's on it, you will notice a good performance gain as those prima's weigh a lot

bodied 172 Ph1
The fan on it works fine when in traffic too, while I owned it I spent some time checking over the cut in and out temp within the ecu software!

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
Hey Matt, don't happen to still remember the radio code or where it was written down? As I'm sure you gave me a bit of paper with it on but I can't find it :( eep

bodied 172 Ph1
erm. I'm afraid I don't remember it, I think it was on something the size of a credit card in the booklet, but I can't remember sorry!

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
Nay to worry to much buddy, I'm sure I might manage to guess it after a day of trying :D

I do remember a small slip of paper with it on but can't seem to find the dam thing lol