ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CD player.....steering wheel controls

Clio Mk1 172

My mk 1 172 came with a cassette player as standard so on the weekend im going to be putting my panasonic CD player in.

Ive been told that if you put your own CD player in, the controls by the steering wheel will not work.

Is there a way of wiring the steering wheel controls up to my panasonic CD player??

VW ....

u need to buy a steering wheel interface m8 ,dunno if they do em for panasonics tho ,if you can ,its a dash off job tho i think .

Are you 100% sure you dont have an alpine cd changer under one of the front seats?

Reason I ask is I drove around for a week or two not knowing it was there :oops:

I assumed that with the car being an import, that was the reason why it came with the standard cassette HU :p

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Yep, it should have either the frontloader HU or the R/T HU unit with Shuttle under one of the front seats

Clio Mk1 172

I havent looked to be honest! ill go and have a look now...

i didnt think id have one because its an import

Clio Mk1 172

nope no cd changer!! There is a connector under the drivers seat but no changer..ive also looked under the grey plastic cover which is under the passengers seat....is this where it shud be??