ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing element filter on standard airbox... how do i get t

Afternoon... NEWBIE question..

ok.. i dont like pulling/pushing things in the engine bay unless i know for sure im doing it correctly.... i unclip the airbox clips... but then what? do i have to take the battery out to pull the cover apart?

i have a k&n replacement element filter, but am too scared to break anything

Skoda Fabia vRS

dont be scared, it should be fairly easy, are there any bolts on the top of the air box

Williams 2, STi N12

There are three, kinda wing nuts on the side of the airbox. Undo these then start undoing the clips around its perimeter. The one about 5 Oclock is a right pain but can be done. Remove the loose half, the other is held in by 3 13mm nuts, so should be still tight.

Replace filter element and then ...as Haynes say...fitting is the reverse of removal!

Simple

BMW 320d Sport

Its a lot easier with the battery out but can be done anyway. As Anders says, pop the clips off first, undo the three plastic turnscrew things facing the battery and then it just drops off.