ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap but decent SLR's?

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'm considering getting an SLR camera soon and getting back into photography a little bit, nothing serious though.

Just wondering what everyone recommends... I don't even know my price bracket yet, so what do people suggest for £100, £200, £300, £400, etc?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Sorry mate, yeah ideally. Much easier to roll off a load of snaps without worrying too much about quality!

al

ST on the way...
Konica Minolta Dynax 5D highly reccomended and as they've just shut up shop (sold to sony IIRC) so can be had for a bargain at the mo! :)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Lol, me neither really, but I can always aspire! My old 2mp Sony Cybershot has done me proud, but it's just a little bit out of date now.

al

ST on the way...
Once you've made the step, you'll never go back.

We bough a Nikon Coolpix 5mp (not SLR) which took stunning photos, then a couple of weeks after, we got our DSLR and I can honestly say I don't think the Nikon has been used 3 times!!

DSLR wins hands down! :)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Well that's my thought process, once I shell out for it then I have it for a good 5-10 years (depending how technology advances) and will be usefull wherever I am, not just when I fancy taking arty-farty pics...

al

ST on the way...
Plus you can get different lenses etc for a DSLR.

If you do go for one, for gods sake don't get a Fuji-Pretend SLR! ;)

106 GTi
acrebo said:
Well that's my thought process, once I shell out for it then I have it for a good 5-10 years

This is my thoughts at the moment as I am addicted in buying Lenses at the moment for mine :eek:

I am thinking as long as I stick to canon cameras, even when I updated my camera body the lenses should last me a life time.

172 CUP
I can recommend the Canon 350D, very good for its price and very easy to learn how to use.

http://worldofsi.blogspot.com/

These are some of the shots i have taken with it.

Your best bet is to pop into a Jessops (or similar) and have a "feel" of the cameras, as thats also an important factor. Some are easier to handle than others.

Si

al

ST on the way...
KonicaMinolta Dynax 5D has image stabilisation built into camera, so using 300mm lens and 2x (even in dull weather) results in very little or no camera shake.

It's compatible with all the Monilta AF lenses so whichever lense you get you've got image stabilisation :)