ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap Contract Deals

Not a 320d
I mean Really cheap. I kept getting a flyer through the doors for a Blackberry Bold something or rather for £11 a month. Turns out its for virgin media customers etc etc. So I was wondering if anyone knew of any really cheap tarrifs, preferably a BB so I can have emails. Wont be used very much - Just emails. TBH 60 mins of calls and 100 Texts would do. Phone doesnt need to be glam or have all the bells of whistles but I dont want a total piece of s**t.

Cheers.

Mk3 clio 1.5
I work for o2 myself, and if your gonna go with them, i'd advise to wait till end of aughust, not ment to tell people but new plans are coming out and they are some very good deals :)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I work for o2 myself, and if your gonna go with them, i'd advise to wait till end of aughust, not ment to tell people but new plans are coming out and they are some very good deals :)

Not as good as tesco who use the same network thou whatever they are :rasp:

225 Cup & Williams
I'm with Tesco just got a free Iphone 3gs on a 24 month contract with 700 mins 5000 texts and 1gb of tinternet for 30 quid a month and you can cancel the contract whenever you want just need to give 48 hours notice.

Listerine & Poledo
I'm with Tesco just got a free Iphone 3gs on a 24 month contract with 700 mins 5000 texts and 1gb of tinternet for 30 quid a month and you can cancel the contract whenever you want just need to give 48 hours notice.

except if you cancel within the 24 months I'm guessing

clio mk1 RSI
i hae a curve from virgin started on the £13 a month and upgrade and im not a virgin customer, currently on 500 mins 3000 txt and unlimited web not bad and the customer service has been great so far although i ahd problems when i was a virgin customer in my old house, the phone is class too.

Mk3 clio 1.5
What do you mean mate? sorry I'm a bit dense a times.
you have the first 14 days to try out the network and the phone. after the 14days your tied into a 24monh contract. if you cancelled half way through you'l have the reminader months to pay at the price you pay per month.

225 Cup & Williams
I understand now. Nah mate nothing like that at all just read through the contract and you can cancel with 48 hours notice and only have to pay a months payment.

Mk3 clio 1.5
i highly doubt that, otherwise why would ou bother with a 18month contract when you can get a 24mmonth cheaper and jsut cancel after 18month... read the t+c's im 100% sure that aint the case.

The front of your contract will say "Minimum Term" which is 24 months. That means you have to have it for a minimum of 24 months OR pay an early termination fee if you wanted to cancel early which will be the rest of the contract excluding the VAT usually.

If you could cancel at any point and just give 48 hours notice then I would be going to Tesco, taking out as many as I could, cancel the contracts and stick them all on eBay.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
yeah tesco is a part of o2 and run on te same network, cheaper deals. not sure about customer service though, whether its uk or not?

Uk call centers and customer service is great, MUCH better than Orange :dapprove:

Last edited:
I understand now. Nah mate nothing like that at all just read through the contract and you can cancel with 48 hours notice and only have to pay a months payment.
LOL that wont be the case. You're going to be tied into the contract for the 24 months.

As Krispwee says, people would be taking loads of contracts out, cancelling them and selling the phones.

Info?

I'm with O2 atm and my contract is up end of the month. Was going to go to Tesco mobile as better deals but this could tempt me..

225 Cup & Williams
Pretty sure your not tied in I'll read through it tonight. And I don't think you would be able to take out contracts willy nilly and cancel them then sell the phones on there will be some kind on catch there to prevent that.

2014 Focus Titanium
Pretty sure your not tied in I'll read through it tonight. And I don't think you would be able to take out contracts willy nilly and cancel them then sell the phones on there will be some kind on catch there to prevent that.

There is a catch, its called a 24 month tie-in.

2014 Focus Titanium
Basically Stevo.C, every phone contract can be "cancelled" within 48 hours, but that doesn't mean you won't owe any money. I am in a 24 month O2 contract now, I could cancel it this minute with a phonecall, but I would owe them the balance of the remainder of my contract.

There's absolutely no-way in the world that you could cancel at any time for free unless its after the 18/24 month period.

225 Cup & Williams
What it says on the paperwork I got through:

"Your not tied in so if you want to leave all you need to do
Is let us know atleast 48 hours before your billing date. Where the minimum term is one month, a new minimum term of one month will start on the anniversary of your billing date."

How has this moved from a "Cheap Contract Deals" thread to a "I am a mug who thinks I can get out of a 24 month contract with no penalty" thread?

225 Cup & Williams
Lol mug :nono:. Where did I say you can cancel it for free? There is a months payment as a charge but not the remainder of the contract as some people have informed me. Just ruining this guys thread anyway now with this quite frankly petty argument so best to get back on topic.

Mk3 clio 1.5
Info?

I'm with O2 atm and my contract is up end of the month. Was going to go to Tesco mobile as better deals but this could tempt me..

the best deals are with the 24month tariffs. the offer regular 24months tariffs, 24month bonus tariffs (£5 cheaper than regular ones) and 24month extra (£5 cheaper than bonus or £10 cheaper than regular)

upgrading cusotmers can go on a 12month plan for the same cost as a 18month plan, and you get to upgrade sooner :D

18month plan remain the same, although o2 to o2 calls is changing from unlimited to a max of 500min. and ranging from 100 to 500.

Tethering is now inluded in all the data bolt ons.

What it says on the paperwork I got through:

"Your not tied in so if you want to leave all you need to do is let us know atleast 48 hours before your billing date. Where the minimum term is one month, a new minimum term of one month will start on the anniversary of your billing date."
*You're