ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap good Laptop?

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
my PC decided to die on me last night after 3 years and decided i want a laptop to take up less room etc..

but i dont have a clue about them or anything

so if any 1 could post up some links of some decent cheap-ish 1's or places to get one

cheers :D

D

dick

i did that mate, but i SERIOUSLY regret it.

laptops are so awkward and so uncomfy to use.

plus a lot slower than equilvant price PC

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
yeah,

so what is a decent spec these days? as i only really use it for internet and msn really and downloading the odd few things

Clio 172mk2
well for internet and msn , ect any laptop would manager that . just depends how patient u are for new apps and windows to load up tbh

F&B

16v>Cup>25Anni>Cup>320cdM
If you want a machine that doesn't take up much space, have you considered an iMac?

I got myself one from the Apple refurb store over a year ago, saved about £200 over the price of a regular one and you would never know it wasn't new (From what I've read most of the time they go back for component failures when they've been powered up out of the box - dodgy drives, faulty memory - so when you get it it's like getting a new machine).

Even if you haven't used a Mac before it won't take you long to get used to it, and you can run Windows on it if you really needed to (as well as Linux, Open Solaris etc...)

Sorry to hijack thread - I'm looking for one too

Can anyone tell me what kind of spec I should be looking for in a semi decent laptop?

Better than yours. C*nt.
Bored of these threads now, I'm sure someone asks about a 'good, cheap laptop for browsing and going on MSN' every week, and every week the same person mentions the same websites. And to top it off every single thread doesn't give a price bracket... Which is really helpful.