ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap Insurance for an 18 Year Old

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Well, Im looking into buying a 1.6 16v and was wondering what people have found to be the best places to be insured on at the young age?

Im 18 in 2 days, Wont be buying the car for a few months, Any ideas where is cheapest ect.?

320d
bell.co.uk can be good for young ones, hoping to get insured with them myself this time.

Directline arn't bad if you don't want to mod it.

mk5 fiesta zetec s
am on adrian flux mine was 1750 with 1yncb third party fine and theft. that had all breakdown cover and everything.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think it exists to be honest with you mate.

I'm 18, 1 yncb and I pay £1000 for a 1.2 clio tpft.

SG9 Forester STi
Norwich union (Aviva or whatever they're now called) were the best I could find mind you im paying £1400 for my 1.4 and im 20, roll on renewal where touch wood i'll have my 1yncb.

I don't think it exists to be honest with you mate.

I'm 18, 1 yncb and I pay £1000 for a 1.2 clio tpft.

ouchy,

im 18, 0 ncb, written car off at 17, pay £900 for 1.2 clio fully comp through Bell. Dad, sister and brother in law added as named drivers dropped it £900

bell put your exess to like £750 though, and its usually a 10 month policy

i hate them, the guy i spoke to was a complete bell

quinn direct are good

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
bell put your exess to like £750 though, and its usually a 10 month policy

i hate them, the guy i spoke to was a complete bell

quinn direct are good

Bell are ideal, i wouldnt go for the 10month policy though. id take a full 12month flexibell.

you can have any options you want and you can pay 30-50quid to drive other cars TPFT.

I was 18 3 weeks ago and i'm currently browsing around for insurance on my 1.6 rxe. The cheapest quote I had on my own policy was £1500 (including 1 years named driving experience) or £1682 without the experience. That was with quinn-direct. They wanted to charge £1800 Fully Comp though, which isn't bad. However, today my brother said he had a cheap quote from egg so I checked them out and they want £1700 fully comp - not bad at all! I'm likely to be going on as a named driver on my mums insurance for about 3 months until i start uni - i've been quoted £800 fully comp for a year as a named driver, but i don't want to risk it once im at uni and not near my mum lol.

But yeah, obviously it's very dependant on your post code, i'm SN11 so it's a low risk area which helps :)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Full comp on a 1.4 S is £750 fully comp at 19. 1 yncb and mum and dad added as named drivers (dropped the price by at least £100)

Bell are ideal, i wouldnt go for the 10month policy though. id take a full 12month flexibell.

you can have any options you want and you can pay 30-50quid to drive other cars TPFT.

That must only be once you're past a certain age, I'm 18 and they want an extra 2k on my policy to drive other cars PMSL!

Bell are good IMO, best quote I've had so far.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
That must only be once you're past a certain age, I'm 18 and they want an extra 2k on my policy to drive other cars PMSL!

Bell are good IMO, best quote I've had so far.

No no you NEED to make sure you have a FLEXIBELL policy. This allows you to choose your own options.

i have . Fully comp, extra injury charge thing, legal cover and drive other cars TPFT.

theres other options like, windshield cover break down euro driving and that.

Bell were not the cheapest for me this year but because i could drive other car which i need for the track car ect i stayed with them.

It is a option, my younger brother has had it since he was 18 he payed 50Quid IIRC and i paid 30 quid at 19/20 for it.

None
I just been quoted £808 with admiral, 18yrs, no NCB, 1 years experiance on a 1.4, best ive found for a long time

Mom and dad down as named drivers me as main

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I just been quoted £808 with admiral, 18yrs, no NCB, 1 years experiance on a 1.4, best ive found for a long time

Mom and dad down as named drivers me as main

Admiral are the same company as bell. If you ring bell they usually match or beat it if you opt for a flexibell policy.

No no you NEED to make sure you have a FLEXIBELL policy. This allows you to choose your own options.

i have . Fully comp, extra injury charge thing, legal cover and drive other cars TPFT.

God knows why they hate me so much then lol I've just checked again, flexibell policy 10 month or 12 month, ticked the other options I want and they're still saying it's an extra £1950 to drive other cars tpft!:(

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
God knows why they hate me so much then lol I've just checked again, flexibell policy 10 month or 12 month, ticked the other options I want and they're still saying it's an extra £1950 to drive other cars tpft!:(

How is that possible, it has a price next to all the tick boxes, £30 for drive other cars, £20 for legal cover ect.

185lb/ft dCi

Bell were not the cheapest for me this year but because i could drive other car which i need for the track car ect i stayed with them.

It is a option, my younger brother has had it since he was 18 he payed 50Quid IIRC and i paid 30 quid at 19/20 for it.

the driving other cars doesn't include track cover though right? how much are you paying for track cover, and what company are you using?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
the driving other cars doesn't include track cover though right? how much are you paying for track cover, and what company are you using?

we dont insure the car on track.

I only drive it on the road now and agen if its getting work done ect and carl can not take it.

If you 25 and over IIRC. ;)

May have changed recently, but my brother took a policy out with quinn about 2 years ago and he was covered at 17, infact they were great, alot of insurers (if i am correct) require there to be an insurance policy on the car their customer is driving as a 3rd party driver, but quinn don't/didn't. My brother insured himself on a 1.3 micra and drove an E30 that was 'owned' by my dad but no one had a policy on it :cool:

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
im 22 now, and im still paying £700 for my 1.2clio and £1300 for the 2.0 clio per year. it depends on a lot of factors, my 2.0 car is stored @ my mams as it was an extra £500 per year to keep it at my house. which is why the 1.2 which i keep at my house costs me £700 a year to insure.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
May have changed recently, but my brother took a policy out with quinn about 2 years ago and he was covered at 17, infact they were great, alot of insurers (if i am correct) require there to be an insurance policy on the car their customer is driving as a 3rd party driver, but quinn don't/didn't. My brother insured himself on a 1.3 micra and drove an E30 that was 'owned' by my dad but no one had a policy on it :cool:

That illegal :dapprove: ......a vehicle needs a Insurance policy on it to be on the road in this country.

In america you insure drivers.

But unless the BM was on some sort of comercial policy it didnt have a insurance policy on it, therefore shpuld not be on the road.

To drive a car TPFT the car has to be owned by someone else and have a insurance policy on it.

That illegal :dapprove: ......a vehicle needs a Insurance policy on it to be on the road in this country.

In america you insure drivers.

But unless the BM was on some sort of comercial policy it didnt have a insurance policy on it, therefore shpuld not be on the road.

To drive a car TPFT the car has to be owned by someone else and have a insurance policy on it.

He was pulled by the fuzz, all checked out fine - that said it was previously owned by someone who worked at a garage and had the commercial insurance (i forget what its actual name is) in the name of his mate, maybe he just left the car on the policy or something :S. I should probably add to the OP at this point that it would be a terrible idea to take anything in this thread for granted, check everything out in the policy documents lol

TT 225
I am getting ridiculous quotes on 1.6's at the moment. Im 19, nearly 2 years driving experience. 1 non fault accident. £5005.27 from elephant on a lupo GTI? WTF? anybody else getting stupid quotes?

320d
I am getting ridiculous quotes on 1.6's at the moment. Im 19, nearly 2 years driving experience. 1 non fault accident. £5005.27 from elephant on a lupo GTI? WTF? anybody else getting stupid quotes?

Bell are good i've got a quote for around £1300 FC on a 106 Gti. I only renew at the end of August so will try flux closer to the time I'm currently doing IAM and flux give 25% off if you've done that. I'm still hoping to get a decent quote on a 172 cup but more than likely i'll be getting a 106 GTI .

Renault Clio Sport 172
Short answer is there isnt any cheap insurance at the age of 18 however bell.co.uk which have been mentioned are pretty good I got insurance with them for £1500 when I was 19 on a Honda Civic Type R (EP3).
Other than that directline are my current provided and nobody seems to get close to them.
Easy was to save money on your insurance is pay it in 1 lump sum.

Clio 2.0 172
18 years old,1 years NCB and I pay £1500 a year fully comp on my 172. I say some of you get butt fiddled when it comes to insurance haha :D