ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap servicing or incorrect quote

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Just booked my 172 in for its 12000 mile service at Linningtons in Portsmouth.

First of all dealer told me that it didnt need one till 18000, until i pointed out what it says in the service manual..... :mad:

Earliest date for a courtesy car booking was 22nd December, not too bad really i suppose.

They quoted me only £125 all in for the service :eek: should i be suspicious?

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive just paid, £130 for my 12k service. It should have been £175.00 but I didnt have the air filter done, due to having a Pipercross fitted.

Id call them back and double check they have the right car.

Im pleased to see Im not the only one whos racked up 12k on an 03 172. :oops:

Check it includes a replacement air filter as Reg Vardys told me it wasnt neccessary in the 12k service, the service book says otherwise.

Jesus!!! All they asked me in Basinstoke was "Oi! as it got air conn?" and the quoted me £190 although they couldnt actually tell me wot the service in included.

Who quoted that (name please) I called the same one yesterday for 12k service on my CUP and they said £168 and I dont even have a pollen filter !

Good price!!

Dont bother phoning them back!!!!! All they do is an oil and filter change, give it the once over with there all knowing eyes, stamp the book with a very expensive stamp, cane it for a few miles, (otherwise known as road test) and thats it.

Mine was £150 inc and I thought that was good!!

Just had my 12k service done plus pollen filter and a touch up paint stick £191 how the hell can they warrant such a difference in prices?? I thought they were set rates.

Just booked mine in for the 12k £149.

I shall check all the work and record mileage. just to see if they have stitched me up.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I did that..

stuck a post it note with 12432 miles on it.

When I got the car back they had scored it out and wrote 12653.

They tried to charge me £220 in Basingstoke, I complained and they charged me £190 instead. How can there be such a difference in the price?

Clio v6

I seem to recall my dealer coaxing me to replace some pollen filters ( at great cost ) but it wasnt manditory for that service.

According to renault uk, the difference in price is due to labour costs. Mr brother paid about £130 and I paid £190. Hmm £60 difference due to labour costs. The renault mechanics in Leeds must be getting an absolute fortune. Either that or they are more incompetent than other garages and take longer to do the service as a result.

Quote: Originally posted by Black16v on 03 December 2003

Whats included when you have a full service??????

What checks etc do they do???
Reply in an email from the garage I am booked into.

Oil and Filter Replacement.

Front/Rear brake check.

Top up all water/oil levels as nessesary.

Air Filter Replacement.

Thorough check on vehicle condition.

1st time for me guys so be nice. Enquired about 18K service on my 1.2 16v 02 (dont laugh). Whitehouse Tonbridge £236.73. Davis Sevenoaks £150 - 170 (depending what oil I had ? ) Went to service dept. 18K service please £190 (gone up in 2 hrs.) no havent got air con, dont want screen wash or pollen filter or air filter (pipercross - dont snigger) will supply oil from Halfords £25 instead of your £33 - didnt want other bits i.e. condition of tyres and pressure, check bulbs, windscreen and door mirrors, wiper blades - but got to have them as part of service (seems renault mechanics are the only people to have eyes that can see if they need replacing) and as for check the correct positioning of the safety and service labels who gives a **** and how much does that cost ? Anyway got a final price of £109.66 and im supplying oil = £134.65. Labour @ £66 p/hr. Hope this info helps as all the other postings re servicing have for me.

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 03 December 2003

I did that..

You joking? They actually did that? Did you complain?

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

I got my first service thrown in when i bought the car!

The invoice says "first service payed for" then in cost it says £60 LOL think they charged me wrong!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 16 December 2003Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 03 December 2003I did that..

When I got the car back they had scored it out and wrote 12653.You joking? They actually did that? Did you complain?

Haha, no I was joking.. You think if they did that there would still be anyone alive at renault. ;)

Recording your milage is deffo a good idea though.

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 03 December 2003

I did that..

They had done 35 miles on my car.

when i book mine in for the first service im going to take a picture with my phone of the digital mileage, and then if theyve caned it for 50 odd miles im going to complain and show them the picture of the mileage just after i dropped it off.

Why when they take it for a long test drive - which they do, do they not pick up and put right squeaks and rattles and report any other problems.

I had my 24K service recently and there was something I forgot to mention, but they would have heard it on the test drive, but just not bothered about reporting it. They were probably too busy wanging it about to care!!

Think i definatly got charged wrong - did get charged.

Car has only done 15k miles and is 9 years old (due to dottery old grandparent having it for 8 years and only doing 9k miles), took it in for full service and MOT.

Sed they would ring me when the bill was ready, neva did. Gues its compensation for kerbing my 2 week old alloys (which they flatly denyed).

Still ive neva taken it there again, after the kerbing of the wheel and so hopefully they forget they havent charged me.

Its been about 3 months now, wot is the memory of the average mechanic?

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by NikC172 on 02 December 2003

Just booked my 172 in for its 12000 mile service at Linningtons in Portsmouth.
First of all dealer told me that it didnt need one till 18000, until i pointed out what it says in the service manual..... :mad:

Earliest date for a courtesy car booking was 22nd December, not too bad really i suppose.

They quoted me only £125 all in for the service :eek: should i be suspicious?
I seem to remember someone over in Fife paying about £120 for a 12,000 mile service a little while ago. I think it depends where you live and whether you use a Franchise or ordinary dealer as to what is charged.