ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap Studio Lights

To give you an idea of quality, the price for JUST the replacement tubes in our flash heads at work cost £189 EACH!

So for that sort of money I would suspect it's utter s**t.

Just saying.....

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
£40 quid for 1000w lights, that's one hell of a good price, maybe a little too good imo.

I've never heard of that make but to give you an idea of prices of lighting kits,
my Bowens 500s cost £1200, that's 3 500w heads, 3 reflectors, 3 tripod/stands, 2 brollies, 1 soft box.
But they're daylight balanced flash heads, not continuous lights like the ones in the link.

Edit : Just noticed it says 125w output, which is quite low for portraits.

They must be s**t, just thinking about it, an average price light stand is about £40 ffs!

I wouldn't go near it to be honest, it's like saying.....is this brand new car for £400 any good? If it's that cheap, it'll be for a reason.

Oil Burner
I bet they overheat in 2 mins and switch themselves off. My work has had a set of these for a few years and they are shocking. They also cast such a yellow you can't adjust it out well.

As Dan says they are about as good as £40 will get you.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Thanks everyone, I had already decided to not buy and for now will use my flash until I can fund a good set of lights.

Cayman S Edition 1
Not sure if it's of interest, but I use a lastolite ezybox and honeycomb mesh that gives a more direct light. Great quality stuff and provide a good light source with my canon 430ii speed light.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
These aren't flashes... They are just a lamp with a soft box on the end...