ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap Trophy

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Sunflower Ph1 172

Photos are terrible quality.

Particularly like the fact he mentions it could be made pristine for less than £500 :ROFLMAO: don’t know what planet he is on. Does he know it costs over £300 to replace that splitter, and the N/S rear panel needs paint!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Needs belts doing too. He appears to know absolutely nothing about it, other than its a solid gold (once written off) investment! Knob head.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
  Defender 110
£4K and still bidding for a 100k Cat D/C Trophy? People really have gone mad

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 172 Cup
I would imagine only a NOVICE will bid at this price on the car and not have a clue what they are buying. Cosmetic work and belts alone will be over a grand then whatever else it needs if it’s been in storage there will be a whole world of ceased pain lurking. If it’s recorded too I wouldn’t be putting any money into it at that price I am afraid

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No history either now then according the listing. Even my s**t box has some history! Someone’s going to get burnt here I suspect. What’s it worth straight? Given it’s a write off? Usually work off 50%-70% value in the trade. So if a straight trophy is worth £6500-7k (is that right) then the same condition write off is likely £4K and even then I would doubt a collector of this type of car would want it. But this isn’t that, it has no history, requires paint and a blooming good service. Not to mention 1 Key etc. Difficult car to value, they always say it’s worth what someone is willing to pay, well we are already at £4K so unless he is shill bidding.....

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
17   0   0
  440i + 182
I’m going with whoever wins it realises the mistake they’ve made and as such never pays and it gets put back on eBay in a few weeks with the identical ad, or we get someone new join really happy with their purchase and we link them to this thread.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 172 Cup
I wouldn’t pay it due to it being registered and needing a grand minimum to get it to scratch plenty around with history and not recorded at this level once you have have invested what needs doing on it

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it wasn't for Covid-19 I'd be tempted to go have a look and test drive it, not that far from me! Wonder if it does drive as well as advertised.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha ehh nah it must be good if it can be made pristine for 500 quid right?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Agree with what people are saying but as always, if you are thinking longterm it will stay pay off regardless of being registered.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
4.5k for that??

500 quid for discs and pads too - maybe he needs to recoup that, ha. Delany's are a decent garage tho but doubt they'd charge that!

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Badass Toyota
This is going to make my Trophy look an absolute steal if it sells at that price or more. I'd say its worth sub £3k
I cant quite work out who would buy it - most Trophy owners seem to be more enthusiast or investors. Neither would want that one.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to make my Trophy look an absolute steal if it sells at that price or more. I'd say its worth sub £3k
I cant quite work out who would buy it - most Trophy owners seem to be more enthusiast or investors. Neither would want that one.
That’s exactly my thoughts, it’s really just an expensive 182 now as no one would buy a high mile, category repaired with no service history as an investment would they!? Unless it’s really cheap, which this to me is no longer.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Cup 172
I really don’t get this at all. There’s no way anyone is bidding that high on that advert and that trophy without seeing it.

anyway, it makes me sick when I see it as I sold my genuine mint trophy with low miles for £4250😂. If I’d held onto it and used it as mydaily for a few years I could have sold it for more

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
17   0   0
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Even cheaper now, lol.
I think this self isolation is getting to some Clio owners!

2A1B9984-F5DE-431A-A43C-CE092ADED64F.png

deanoE30M3

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say two different owners and he’s bought thinking there be some profit..

Attachments

• E42910F0-E4DB-45A1-A252-9438CCFDED15.png
    E42910F0-E4DB-45A1-A252-9438CCFDED15.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 28

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Lol.

What a bellend.
£3500-£3750 was about the right price first time.
Better off breaking it

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
April 2020

Advert shows massive peel on passenger rear quarter
So for my hard earned £8250 I was kinda hoping this had been painted

But no.....
B799FE59-9D2B-4E6A-BDB4-DBCA551E1B6B.pngE0060619-9A3F-4A7A-8CC7-449E875D5239.png69D5DD1A-A28C-4891-9790-016AC2A3436D.jpeg

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
17   0   0
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
You’re right Steve and wheels looks shot (or should be spelt with an “i ”).

8BDCE5AA-04BD-41C0-A907-B9D3F2BD1C64.png