ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chemical guys tyre gel

Titanium 182
just wondering if anyone has used this stuff? and what they think of it?

all the tyre shine sprays iv ever used seem to end up going all over the side of the car after the 1st journey out after washing and after a few days the wheels look a mess too!

this is the stuff-

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-tyres/chemical-guys-new-look-trim-gel/prod_143.html

after getting a clay bar too as theres a fair bit of tar stuck to the bottom of my doors and around the wheel arches which one would be best for a begginer out of this lot-

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/detailing-clay/cat_9.html

Mégane RS
for clay i would go for the sonus green

the chemical guys tyre gel does tend to fling over the side of the car

Titanium 182
ah ok mate think il give that a miss!

il go for that clay then just dont want something that would wreck the paint!

might sound funny but i used to use "tesco tyre and bumper restorer" spray on my tyres and it always worked well, never went down the side of the car and was cheap but they have stopped selling it!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
use there new look trim gel for wheels with good applicator pad, but make sure u clean tyres well before apc and a sponge

RB 182
I used to use te New Look Trim Gel but now use the water based Poorboys Bold and Bright at the moment with the Blackfire as another option that I'm going to try next as that is also popular.

visualize whirled pe
I'm in two minds about the way I like dressed tyres to look.

I have started to use turtlewax extreme nano-tech (bright green container) on my tyres.
Apply with a 4" soft brush on well cleaned tyres, then buff off with a soft cloth. Surprising results for a turtlewax product, when allowed to dry properly it will last, it also doesn't tend to 'fling' like some dressings can.
It is however a high, glossy shine which some people are not fond of, tbh tyres are not shiny when new so I feel the effects look best after a couple of hundred dry miles, they do not seem to go brown either.

When I do not want a high gloss look I occasionally use AG shampoo and conditioner on a sponge rubbed onto tyre walls with a small amount of water, after minimal suds have dispersed and the tyres are dry this gives a matte 'new' look which lasts a reasonable amount of time but is quick and cheap to achieve and there is no 'fling' what-so-ever.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Erm...CG tyre gel is an odd one, i'm usin it just now, but on the vee tyres it doesn't seem to have the same shine as on the michelins or Yoko's...

I've actually gone bak to usin good old AG tyre gel, cheap and cheerful and it works better! Messy as fcuk tho! I'm on the hunt for another dressing.

Tangoed Works
I use meggys endurance tyre gel (the purple stuff) lasts for absolutely ages and doesnt spin off. 2 coats gives the best results i find

Chocolate Bar™
when i put some CG new look on the tyres it sprayed all over the side. so reverted back to the megs and that too is now spraying all over the sides when it never used to before using the CG :S

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
when i put some CG new look on the tyres it sprayed all over the side. so reverted back to the megs and that too is now spraying all over the sides when it never used to before using the CG :S

I've gone all ghetto on this. Supermarket for plastic and rubber cleaner. Gets all the old dressin off. Then apply in coats! Should stop the sling.

i just bought some blackfire stuff...Supposed to be ok!.

Titanium 182
how much is the blackfire stuff then? not seen it!

is it worth me trying the CG stuff or not just want to order some stuff tonight!

106 GTi
Your call on the CG, Blackfire or Poorboys Bold and Bright for me day to day AG Tyre Dressing at Shows.

Though the Blackfire is about 20 quid a pop.

al

ST on the way...
Chemical Guys 'New Look Trim Gel' on the tyres for me :)

20.jpg

This is with the AG stuff, but I find it cases too much fling.
6.jpg

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I user meggy's endurance gel and it does indeed fly up the side of the car!!!

I can't stop it either as the stuff just doesnt dry!!!

Titanium 182
where can i get some of the blackfire stuff then or the poor boys bold and bright?

think il try them!

al- does the CG new look trim gel fling up the car much?

Titanium 182
cheers Rich, now iv gotta make my mind up!

if you were me which one would you be buying......

the blackfire one? sorry to be a pain!

106 GTi
I have both the Poorboys and Blackfire.

If I had to choose one it would be the Blackfire.

Titanium 182
cheers mate, il make an order later on!

just wondering aswell i am going to get a sonus green clay bar as my girlfriends RB 182 has loads of tar spots and grime stuck to the bottom of the door, around the wheel arches and on the skirts

will i need to purchase some kind of lube?

106 GTi
I make some using car shampoo and water, you could buy some Quick Detailer to use to clay with.

106 GTi
500ml Spray Bottle with 2 or 3 capfulls of car shampoo in it. I pre soak the panel first with a wash mitt and car wash solution first as well.