ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Choices? Low Mileage Williams 3 or 106 GTI?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Gem_GTI said:
What are you saying?? Because it has class I shouldnt get one? Whats your problem??

I asked for opinions on the car. I know what a williams is, what it can do. And owning one is not just about ownership appeal. If I wanted one to do a few tuning mods (hillpower cylinder head mod and supersprint full system) and use it as my everyday car then thats my prerogative. Doesnt mean its not going to be looked after and kept as mint as it always was. At the end of the day if my car looked sh*t then it would reflect on me and I would never let any car I own go to waste.

You call cars 'mint'. Get the 106. Please.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
David_Jones said:

?

Mint is a word commonly used by many people to describe an item which is in pristine/immaculate condition. Its definition isn't based on a chav factor, which you obviously mistook it for. Regarding the car, a standard Williams 3 for me, although I do think the Dimma looks tidy, disregarding the black alloys ;)

Clio 172
David_Jones said:

As scutch stated I was merely referring to the state/condition of the car as being in mint/A1/unmarked/perfect/class/as new/untainted condition!!!!!!!!!

Why are you being such a tosser, its so petty! :quiet:

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
get a standard williams , still one of the all time greats. 1,2 or3 , stay away from dimmas they look dated these days gem, p.s see you sunday morning
g---&cl---- :D :D

Clio 172 mk2
My vote goes to the std Williams

Agree wit the above about the Dimma kit....does look a bit brash/dated now

Lotus Elise
whoever said the williams is much much faster than a 106 gti is talking rubbish. there's 1 second in it to 100mph!! that's hardly much. problem is the 106 really needs to be revved high and alot of people don't drive them hard enough. it would be very close. back when my 106 was standard i did a 15.0 1/4 mile @ 91mph at santa pod. that will match a strandard willy all day. i had the same dilemma as you though, didn't know wether to go for a willy or a gti. what decided it for me was;

williams is much higher insurance group
williams is an older car for your money (yes i know there cool as feck :))

Isnt this like comparing a glass of Lambrini to a fine French Champagne?

'Yeah, but Lambrini gets you just as drunk innit'

Totally missing the point.

Vee dub
Clio Williams for me

Like the 106 gti though... but it's just not a williams... if you know what I mean.

Find a minter (rare as you know) then it will be reliable..

106 GTi
David_Jones said:
Isnt this like comparing a glass of Lambrini to a fine French Champagne?

'Yeah, but Lambrini gets you just as drunk innit'

Totally missing the point.

LOL, they are still both still french tin boxes at the end of the day, would not go to that extreme.

Daz said:
Well, I just got out of my car in a car park, and I heard a woman say "Look, it's a Williams", to the group of people she was with.

I'm sure they'd do the same with a 172/182 if it had big stickers down the side for them to read ;)

Rich said:
LOL, they are still both still french tin boxes at the end of the day, would not go to that extreme.

One is an instantly recognisable icon of the 90's, known to a large percentage of the 'aware' popluation.

The other isnt.

IGZ-Stromba.jpg

?