ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chris' Non Sport Mk 2

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
I've up graded them to fk silverlines is it worth the extra money? Is the ride quality different ??

I can only comment on the Silverline X's that I had, full damping ajustment and Koni dampers at the rear. Don't know whats different about the Silverlines.

As you know, I really rated mine, they were fantastic.

Edit, yeah you can always come mine and we'll do it. I have most tools.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
I can only comment on the Silverline X's that I had, full damping ajustment and Koni dampers at the rear. Don't know whats different about the Silverlines.

As you know, I really rated mine, they were fantastic.

Edit, yeah you can always come mine and we'll do it. I have most tools.

Yeah what was ur ride like? Did any one complain that it's too hard :), well I am hoping to pic them up monday if they can find them lol which is worrying I'll find more Monday anyways.
I bought the coils 18th of July lol

Not really, no. People commented on it and said it was stiff, but that's what you're bound to get. The adjustments mine had made it much better, for the daily commute I'd usually leave them on full soft at the rear and half a turn from soft on the front.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Not really, no. People commented on it and said it was stiff, but that's what you're bound to get. The adjustments mine had made it much better, for the daily commute I'd usually leave them on full soft at the rear and half a turn from soft on the front.

I might be able mix and match my dampers on mine see size differences

Yeah, good point. I'd be inclined to put the full set of coilovers on though, just because they're new, and probably matched to each other.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Iv just set me dampers to the hardest see what it's like it might be close to the coils

You'd be surprised how 'hard' they actually are.

The Trophy has very very similar ride characteristics of my Silverline X's. However, when up to speed and cornering the two are very different.

Trophy provides more progressive roll for grip whilst smoothing out a lot of the bumps due to the fantastic dampening system in place.

The 1.2 was so chuckable it was mental, you could go flat out round most corners and would never loose grip or have a moment (probably due to the lack of power ;)) when on the rough stuff it did scrub etc but thats because I had it fairly low.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
You'd be surprised how 'hard' they actually are.

The Trophy has very very similar ride characteristics of my Silverline X's. However, when up to speed and cornering the two are very different.

Trophy provides more progressive roll for grip whilst smoothing out a lot of the bumps due to the fantastic dampening system in place.

The 1.2 was so chuckable it was mental, you could go flat out round most corners and would never loose grip or have a moment (probably due to the lack of power ;)) when on the rough stuff it did scrub etc but thats because I had it fairly low.

It is really hard now handles better too
Can't wait till my Coilovers to come now

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice. Coilovers are good fun, they can be stiff but it's something you've got to do and go low on at least 1 car in your life.

Best and worst thing about my car tbh LOL!

BG 182 FF
Just got some vmaxx coilys myself and waiting to get them on, cant wait to see yours on the coilys mate!

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Very nice. Coilovers are good fun, they can be stiff but it's something you've got to do and go low on at least 1 car in your life.

Best and worst thing about my car tbh LOL!

I went over a speed bump(brick) and it was horrible lol
Handles better harder quicker response to.

Good looking car this :) will look even better lowered! I also have some V-Maxx coilovers and they do the job perfect for me. Ride is quite hard but it's improved since I raised it a little. Anyway, gonna keep an eye on this
Ollie

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Good looking car this :) will look even better lowered! I also have some V-Maxx coilovers and they do the job perfect for me. Ride is quite hard but it's improved since I raised it a little. Anyway, gonna keep an eye on this
Ollie

Cool ur car looks perfect height :)

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Getting this suspension was never going to be easy they can't find the set in stock I now have to wait god knows how long till they get some more

Anyone recommend where to buy fk Coilovers from??

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Thanks Jon
You should just come anyway. Extra pair of hand don't kill anybody :)
I would try it myself I just don't wanna f**k it up and I know Jon knows his stuff lol

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Trust me, this extra pair of hands can kill anything.

Yeah I probably will pop round Jon, let me know when you're planning on doing it. Might be wise to steal Ed's gazebo.

Trust me, this extra pair of hands can kill anything.

Yeah I probably will pop round Jon, let me know when you're planning on doing it. Might be wise to steal Ed's gazebo.

Don't think it will fit on my drive, besides I won't be working in the rain anyway. My allergies will go mental.

Also remember to get the top mounts buzz gunned off front and rear then tightened up by hand. Otherwise we're screwed.

True story. I've got a 21mm swan neck spanner anyway. But might as well just get a garage to crack them. They've been off at some point because he's running Koni's ATM.

We'll sort out when's best to do it when he gets them anyway!

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
I got a estimate email of the 1st which is Monday but he said it could be with you friday.

Anywhere will do what will I need??
I can lend 2 axel stands from work and a jack. I don't have any spanners I have a socket set that's it lol

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Has any had this happen?? Only on the new one I bought is it coz it might of been on a mk2 ph1
y7ejuga6.jpg

I got a estimate email of the 1st which is Monday but he said it could be with you friday.

Anywhere will do what will I need??
I can lend 2 axel stands from work and a jack. I don't have any spanners I have a socket set that's it lol

I've got everything, bar a buzz gun.

RE you light, do you mean the condensation?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
If I'm free I may pop along to help :p I know nobody asked but when you look this good you don't need invites :approve:

Ive got a trolley jack, axle stands and wheel chocks too... The more the merrier lol :eek: