ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chris_786's 172 OEM+ Progress thread

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Hi gus and gals!

Well I've been on here for a few years and never really done one of these progress threads, just posted pics up after a clean etc....

Anyway what started out as a lovely low mileage unmolested PB172 has turn into a standard CS issue 172 to be honest. Sheep wheels, the lot. So here is my progress.....

Car stands at the moment:
-Turini's
-H&R's
-AST top mounts
-Remap
-Samco bend
-ITG panel filter
-Silver visions :p
-Cup spoiler
-Skoda splitter
-CC'd bullets - Do not like atm :(
-All new engine mounts
-Brembo discs standard pads (shoddy Ktec pads fell apart...)

Full thread can be seen here:
http://www.performancetorque.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2170

Day 1:
newcar005.jpg

Then a trip to santa pod (fubard engine mounts i think) caused my exhaust to snap in half!!!
IMG_4306.jpg

On went my velcro gloves and I got myself some sheep wheels, tow eye off Si, Painted bullets and white diamond which didnt last long! :
IMG_4367.jpg

New system from the Yozza sport collection:
IMG_4570.jpg

IMG_4578.jpg

I must say THE EASYEST EXHAUST TO FIT IN THE WORLD!

Winter wheels and rubber was then purchased: Toyo snowproxies and OZ F1's for my yearly trip up north.
IMG_5855.jpg

Vmaxx Coilys as my shock's where leaking causing terrible handling:
IMG_6019.jpg

Also around that time had this lot done at BTM:

-Cambelt kit @ 50k
-Powerflex Dog bone mount
-Upper gear box mount
-Lower arm - drivers side
-Full interim service (60k)

Wind deflectors and painted engine bay and it was time for CS rolling road meet at TDF, the car was great and put out 180BHP 155torques:
IMG_8113.jpg

IMG_8114.jpg

Crappy Vmaxx where then out of the window! sold to a nice lad on here, they are good for lows, just too crashey and I had money burning a hole in my pocket!
IMG00224-20110625-1201.jpg

Since then I've just been tidying the car up, I genuinely think it's one of the tidyest 172's about....nearly....
IMG_6771.jpg

IMG_6774.jpg

I've been tidying underneath the car too :)

IMG-20111011-00079.jpg

IMG-20111011-00076.jpg

Got a bit of CF going on now too....
IMG_6804.jpg

Latest parcels that I've yet to get around to fitting:
IMG-20111017-00082.jpg

There's probly plenty I've forgotton along the lines too, must say a massive thanks to Fred at BTM for helping me out more than once or twice.

Future plans are:
Battery to the boot
Tidy ITB install or Cams, not decided as of yet...
Some sort of bucket seat
4 pots

Attachments

• newcar005.jpg
    newcar005.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 46
  LY R26 230 F1 Team
Small updates:

-winter wheels back on!
-Cup spoiler sorted :p
-Cleaned and wax'd Although rain has stopped play! Will never be using 'cheap' wax again results are less than great as the wax bonded its self to the car.

please excuse Blackberry pics, I didnt have time to get the SLR out when it started raining :(

IMG-20111216-00182.jpg

IMG-20111216-00184.jpg

IMG-20111216-00186.jpg

will get roper DSLR pics soon!

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Cheers, I do like it on the F1s sometime I think it looks better on then... Sometimes I don't. Lol. Might get some SLR pics today.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
I do love your car Chris.
Thanks Sam I love yours too! Needs some detailing love though and don't let the boss tell you any differant!
Very nice! Very tidy.

Any full rear shots with the exhaust visible?
Yeah will have to get some! I'll get out and take some tomorrow morning for you fella.

how have i never seen this? its mint! top work mate!

Haha no idea fella I don't really post much but have some new updates coming soon :p

Lotus Elise
Thanks Sam I love yours too! Needs some detailing love though and don't let the boss tell you any differant!

Cheers, I spent 4 hours in my garage yesterday polishing it. Shame I cant get the brake dust off the wheels.

LY R26 230 F1 Team